Grilling foods bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Grilling foods bad?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sassybella19
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 13

Is grilling foods bad? I hate to think that we can only eat boiled food.

“The negative talk about grilling centers on two groups of potentially damaging chemicals. The scientific words are heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic amines.

One of these damaging chemicals occurs when meat reacts with high temperatures for extended periods of time until charred.

The other damaging chemicals are compounds found in smoke generated when fat drips from meat, chicken skin or fatty fish onto hot coals.

As the smoke rises, it deposits the amines back on the meat. These amines are carcinogens.”

http://www.wellnessonline.com/health-tips/nutrition/nutrition-basics/grilling-food-good-or-bad/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think eating raw food is best, I would not grill each meal on the bbq personally.

-raster

sassybella19
    Participant

Okay thanks. I don’t eat grilled food daily but I do eat them often during the week and just wanted to make sure that was okay

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

raster;32050 wrote: I think eating raw food is best, I would not grill each meal on the bbq personally.

-raster

It seems my body probably agrees with your opinion Raster. I juice my veges every morning. I am almost always hungry by noon time, due to the ease for my body to digest that meal.

I can’t bring myself to do it more than once a day though. I love to eat like most people and after my morning juicing session I can’t wait to eat a cooked meal. I thought lightly cooking stir frys was fine. Is anyone on this forum juicing their meals more than once a day? I’m curious to know, since I think that would require an extreme level of discipline. I’m referring to anyone on the strict diet, not simply the cleanse period.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

grilling often is bad because of cancer causing carcinogens,its delicious i love grilled chicken ,id say continue to grill but try to avoid doing it every wk ,i do grill at least once a wk or so in the summer

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I juice veggies in the morning too (4 asparagus, 4 handfuls of baby spinach salad, 2 cucumbers, 3 handfuls of broccoli, 1 handful of cilantro, 1 green pepper, 2 celery, and a handful of kale or collard greens). Sometimes I have a 2nd juice in the same day.

For lunch and dinner it is the same meal usually – baby spinach salad, onions, 1 slice of coconut/oat bran bread, 2 eggs (boiled if at work, fried if at home), zucchini (lightly sauteed), 1/2 avocado, salt & pepper & oregano & basil, olive oil, stevia, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. I’ll have a little greek yoghurt in between meals.

It helps to clean all the veggies once you get home from the grocery and put them in individual baggies, so you can quickly make the juice. Juicing is quicker than boiling in my opinion, and easier to digest. I still use the digestive bitters after juicing and after meals. I’m sure to follow the veggie juice with some coconut oil, so I can take the vitamins that require some form of oil or fat (A&D, etc.)

The only meat to grill on the strict diet is chicken, once a week. I sometime forget to have my chicken weekly…but when I do, I bake it.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Grilled or smoked food upsets my gut a little. The more its smoked the more aggravation it seems to cause. Probably a good idea for people with sensitive guts to avoid grilled or smoked food. It depends on the sensitivity of the individual. In general its probably healthier to bake food than to grill. Dr. Mercola has an interesting article on liquid smoke.

Dirty Little Secrets

Supermarket bacon may also use sodium nitrite, but not in a traditional way. Instead, manufacturers opt for fast and cheap methods by which inferior quality factory-farmed meat is pumped and plumped with a liquid cure solution that includes sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite, along with “liquid smoke,” spices and flavorings heavy in MSG. After “curing” for a few hours, the pork is sprayed with more “liquid smoke” and heated until a smoke-like flavor permeates the meat. The pork is then quickly chilled, machine-pressed into a uniform shape, sliced, and packaged for sale. Pumped and plumped bacon may look big in the package, but shrinks, shrivels and splatters when cooked.

“Liquid smoke,” a product heavily favored by big food manufacturers, is produced by burning wood chips or sawdust, then condensing the smoke into solids or liquids and dissolving it in water. It is being investigated by the European Food Safety Authority for safety as a food flavoring because of evidence of genotoxicity and cytotoxicity. Indeed, one study suggests liquid smoke is more carcinogenic than cigarette smoke concentrate.38-41

sassybella19
    Participant

I didn’t realize some vitamins have to be taken a certain way- like A&D to be consumed with some form of oil or fat. Are there any other guidelines when taking other vitamins? I usually just pop them all in at once in the morning.

Also I want to start juicing vegetables but it seems like it will taste horrific? Any tips on making it taste better?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

There is forum post about vitamins:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Other useful links you may find here:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4622_Useful-Links-and-Forum-Posts.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grilling foods bad?’ is closed to new replies.