Got Oral Thrush for the first time – Kind of freaking out…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Got Oral Thrush for the first time – Kind of freaking out…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gtocchini 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

gtocchini
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello,

So the title kinda says it all.. I was just looking for some answers/advice because this is the first I have ever heard of this.

What Happened: I flew across the country for work, during my time there, I noticed this white/yellow on my tongue. I never felt sick, or got sick. My throat never hurt, just tickled/itched.
    So after a day I went to a walk in clinic, and the Docter immediately diagnosed it as Thrush. He prescribed me Nystatin (I think that is what it is called). So I completed the 7 days of anti-funal mouthwash yesterday, my tongue is much better, and nearly gone. There are still a few little bumps at the back, and some light whiteness on it.

So I came to the website to try and figure out next steps. I am 33 years old, and to my knowledge have never had this before. So I was researching or trying to figure out what could have caused it.
    Stress or travel and body out of balance?
    I started using mouthwash every night about month ago, did that kill the good bacterias?
    I smoked a cigarette and a e-pen with marijuana in it the night before and from time to time.
    etc.

So at this point, I am just kinda in freak out mode. So any help, suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

PS – is this contagious at all, like can it be passed to my fiance?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.