Girlfriend is getting the same symptoms as me. Please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Girlfriend is getting the same symptoms as me. Please help!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vero1210 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

candida_sucks2
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

This is my first post here because I desperately need advice.

I’ve been a long time sufferer (12 years) of a variety of symptoms that started when I was 14. (I’ve been to many doctors, and as you may already know, none of them think it is Candida)

Basically, I’ve been noticing my girlfriend getting the symptoms that I first had.

We dated once in the past (3 years ago) and her lips were the first symptom. Her lips got to be just like mine; very similar to exfoliative chelitis if you’re familiar with the condition, although much more mild than the pictures you will find.

We broke things off, but started dating again recently (we’ve been together for 1.5 years)

Over the course of the last 1.5 years, she started getting the same symptoms as myself which include:

-Swollen/itchy/irritated eyelids

-Oily skin/acne (This is the main symptom that concerns me. She’s had very clear skin but now her skin is beginning to look just like mine. I would describe it as Seborrheic Dermatitis, oily skin but dry at the same time, with unusual pimples that reoccur in the same exact spots. My skin now gets these tiny little sebum plugs that will come out of the pores of my nose. They also form at the base of my hair follicles, which is why my hair keeps falling out. I’m afraid this will eventually happen to her too.)

-Very tired, especially after eating. She now naps all the time

-Hair is falling out rapidly

-Gets drunk very fast (I don’t drink anymore, but I’ve read in the past this a symptom of Candid. I experienced this myself when I did drink; I’d have 1-2 beers and feel very intoxicated)

There are probably a few more symptoms she is getting, such as constipation and maybe even yeast infections, but I have no discussed this with her at all.

I’m too afraid to bring my concern up with her because:

1) I don’t want to point out that her skin is getting bad and make her self-conscious
    2) I don’t know exactly what is wrong with me. I can tell her I think I gave her Candida, but I wish I knew exaclty what I had. I’ve done the anti-candida diet twice in the past, and both times after 4 months I felt a lot better.
    3) She will begin to regret dating me and start to hate me for what I’ve done to her.

My symptoms are definitely food related. After eating foods not on the anti-candida diet my eyes will become very irritated (so much that I need to squint because they are burning that bad), my skin will get more oily which leads to more Seborrheic Dermatitis, my lips will get very dry (sometimes almost immediately after eating (same with her), more hair will fall out in the shower, my sinuses get very clogged and my nose will start to run (sometimes immediately after eating; the mucus that forms in my nose is very white and sticky), I’ll get very tired and not to mention I’m chronically constipated.

I feel like I could definitely help her if I just told her to eat better/stop drinking, take some anti-candida supplements, and a pro-biotic, but I keep holding myself back from telling her. Another reason why I haven’t said anything is because her mom is a Nurse. If she goes to her mom and says “He thinks he’s giving me Candida” her mom will probably talk to the doctor she works for and then dismiss my claim/think I’m crazy.

I get health insurance back in a couple of weeks and plan on going to a doctor about my concerns, but I’ve already discussed this with a few doctors and they said nothing I have could be contagious.

Please believe me forum, I KNOW that I’ve given this to her, but I just need to figure out the best way to approach it and how to fix it. Also, if any of these symptoms sound familiar to you, please help.

Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Instead of calling it candida, I would call it a gut flora imbalance. If you use this term instead of candida, then people will be more willing to believe/accept you. In actuality, this is what it really likely is…multiple bad flora overgrowing and overtaking the good flora in your gut. This can include parasites as well, which we all have.

My advice to you is to consider testing to see what bad flora have overgrown and this could be your proof to your girlfriend and/or her family.

I’d also talk to your girlfriend and express to her how you think both of your immune systems are likely not strong and this could explain a bunch of her symptoms, etc.

If her skin is pretty obviously bad then I don’t think it would be much of a detriment to bring up this stuff. If her skin is something only you would notice, then I wouldn’t bring something up. Keep in mind that skin conditions may or may not be related to candida solely, it could be related to deficiencies in stomach acid or a slightly damaged liver:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6588_Many-of-your-symptoms-are-liver-symptoms.aspx

So you both could have damaged livers, and deficiencies in stomach acid, plus candida and/or parasites, damaged immune system, etc. Its more than just candida very likely, so don’t put all your eggs in one basket in regards to your health problems.

Hope this helps.

-raster

vero1210
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Is she on any form of hormonal birth control? I mean she could have candida too, which is often caused by HBC (that’s how mine started) but HBC *alone* causes all of those symptoms too (acne, fatigue, hairloss, etc). And if the symptoms began both times you started dating, it’s an obvious cause, because girls tend to go on birth control when they start a new relationship.

So maybe instead of telling her “you have candida because here are the symptoms I can observe…” ask her about her birth control and if it’s working for her body. After all, as a committed couple shouldn’t that be something you two discuss together anyway?? 🙂

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Girlfriend is getting the same symptoms as me. Please help!’ is closed to new replies.