Friends and family who are awesome

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Friends and family who are awesome

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Choloe
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

I thought it might be cool to say a bit about how awesome friends and family can be when you get a bit sick. Reading peoples stories on here about how tough candida has been for them (sometimes its like going through hell) I’d figure to get through hell you need mates and family at your side.

So I thought it might be cool for people to just tell their stories about friends having your back and family telling you its ganna be ok… X)

Anyway I’m not exactly that sick and I am trying to avoid my issues from becoming systemic and my mates have been amazing with telling me great foods I can eat on this diet, and giving me recipes. I have a lot of friends on restrictive diets and they have been a great help. Because drinking is out my friends have made sure to stop drinking when they are out with me which they really do not need to do but I guess I am lucky to have such wiked mates.

<3

Anyone else got a good gang around them??

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i wish i could my family is not supportive im hoping once i get better and they see i get better they will know why i work so hard to eliminate yeast

Nekotamo
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 38

For me family, loved ones, relatives and friends are the point of life.
    So with or without candida I think your post is beautiful and all people should read it whether having candida or not.

I am sure we all are going to get better if we focus, put a lot of effort in this all – diagnose ourselves properly, do proper treatments and follow the diet STRICTLY.
    Family and friends can just help us in this process…
    But hey, so as this forum! 🙂 we’re all some type of friends as well, since we fight together against this annoying yeast! For me you’re all comrades! 🙂

@hope4eva77
    Don’t worry! I didn’t even tell my family about my problems, only some friends know about my potential candida, and my brain fog problems. What is important that they are there for you and that they love you. Sometimes people are skeptic about these types of disorders and believe that we’re being paranoids and such, but I’m sure they don’t do it out of bad intention, its just one of those things – full belly doesn’t believe to the starving one. Just hang in there, this is luckily a treatable condition 😉

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

This is a very important subject due to the nature of this condition and it’s non-existence in western medicine. It is understandable that people are skeptical and put trust in western medicine.

You don’t have any proof to show people, until you start to get better.

I think of lot of sufferers try to get others to believe in the condition before they start a treatment…probably because you have doubt yourself. This can be a very slippery slope if the people you are trying to convince are skeptical.

Think about it, if one of your friends was suffering from anxiety, depression, and panic attacks, and came up to you saying they think they have something that doctors don’t believe, and they self-diagnosed themselves on the internet…you would probably be skeptical, even might think they are paranoid or a hypochondriac.

From my experience, my family became supportive when they heard of another local woman that suffered from Candida and cured herself with a year long diet. But it was lucky that a cousin heard me talking about Candida at a 4th of July party and then told me and my parents the story of her co-worker who cured herself. From that day on, my parents are completely on board. But that was very lucky. They were very skeptical before that.

And others have become supportive when they see how serious you are once you start your treatment, especially when you can tell them you are honestly getting better.

Luckily, I now have the full support of my nuclear and extended family and all of my friends 100%. Some people took longer than others to come around, but eventually people realize you are getting better, and that’s all that matters.

I used to hold big parties with beer tastings and bbq cookouts…Now, when I bring a cooler bag to the office, a family event, or to watch Notre Dame vs Alabama next Monday night at a house party, people are more understanding. They see this different guy who is much calmer and sincere about trying to regain his health.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

thanks my mom is very supportive ,its my hubby that isnt ,i tell my friends that i have to change my diet cuz of a health condition but not the whole story .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Friends and family who are awesome’ is closed to new replies.