Ear infection & antibiotics. Advice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ear infection & antibiotics. Advice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MissDetermined
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Today is my 5th week on the regime and before the weekend my ear was starting to hurt. It didn’t feel like the ear infections i had as a kid and so I waited to see if garlic oil and ear drops would stop the ache and heat. It didn’t.

Ended up at the Dr yesterday who diagnosed it as a mid ear infection. I explained about my diet, progress and hesitancy to take antibiotics now that i’m a few weeks in. He advised me not to play about with an ear infection and prescribed Keflex (aka Cephalexin). I’ve been taking 3 of a 6 billion probiotic daily but am wondering should i

(a) continue taking the probiotics while i’m taking the antibiotic but get a 50 billion probiotic or
    (b)wait until i’ve finished the seven day course of antibiotics then take the 50 billion?

Any other advise? I was so upset when i was told i needed an antibiotic as i feel like it’ll undo all the hard work i’ve put in since starting.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A good naturopath can likely clear this up within a few days. The only unfortunate thing is this could be a re-occurring thing for you if you don’t correct it; better safe than sorry I guess.

I would take the probiotics like 8 hours after taking the antibiotics.

-raster

MissDetermined
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Cheers Raster. Unfortunately i don’t have the budget for a trip to the Naturopath right now(as i’m in Candada it doesn’t cost me anything for a Dr’s visit).

I’ll try spacing the antibiotics and probiotics as far apart as possible and hope for the best.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I have had recurring ear infections for a few years (about once a month). Since I’ve started the diet, coconut oil and pro-biotics I haven’t had one yet.

I was using “Homepathic Ear Drops” that they sell at CVS/Walgreens/etc. Many times my ear aches would be excruciatingly painful and last for a few days. The drops helped a lot and were inexpensive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ear infection & antibiotics. Advice?’ is closed to new replies.