Dumpling Recipe

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

I love Jamaican dumplings made of wheat. Here is an adaptation for Candida sufferers. It has prebiotic ingredients and is filling. I add it to chicken broth to make chicken and dumpling soup.

Ingredients:

1 cup oat bran
    1/2 cup rice bran
    1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup water (and more if necessary to create a dough–mine are usually a bit thick)

Optional spices:
    – sage, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano (I have blended all of these and mixed them into the dry ingredients a couple times.
    – 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
    – 1 tablespoon grape seed flour (I use merlot)

Directions:

1. Mix dry ingredients.
    2. Add water
    3. Create small balls or squares. I make a ball, smash it slightly and then smooth the edges to create a rectangular cube.
    4. Boil water or chicken broth.
    5. Add the dumplings and let them boil uncovered at medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. If you boil the dumplings in water, then drain the water and add a bit of salt before consuming. If you boil them in chicken broth, then you can save the broth and eat it with the dumplings.

Jamaicans eat dumplings with meat dishes or stews, much like they would consume rice. Please recommend variations!

Update:

I made these last night to make a softer dumpling and it’s even better:

Softer Dumpling Variation:
    -use just enough water or broth to barely cover the dumplings as they boil
    -use equal parts oat bran to rice bran
    -add 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast to water prior to boiling for flavor
    -after initial 5 to 7 minute boil flip the dumplings over, cover with a lid, and allow to simmer for an additional 2 minutes (this should make a gravy)

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

This sounds awesome! Thanks!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Finally got around to making these – they taste like matzoh balls! MMM! Thanks!

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I need to try this, but I haven’t been eating oat bran, not sure about that. I have done rice bran, and that is fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dumpling Recipe’ is closed to new replies.