Discovering the root of candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Discovering the root of candida

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  greebles 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

All this promising discussion of chelation, S. Boulardii etc. had me wondering how you all discovered the root of your candida problem. metal toxicity? birth control? antibiotics? parasites? did this all occur at the doctors office? process of elimination?

I am a student in Canada, and when I go into the clinic to talk about this they make me seem like I’m crazy…it can be very hard to get tests. I’m on week 3 and the results indicate that candida is indeed my problem.

Just interested in how others discovered the root of the problem !

Cheers

big shout out to raster, able and the others! I certainly wouldn’t be progressing without you all.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Interesting question, it consumes me every day. We are all focusing so hard on the diet, while actually I have come to think there is a lot more to it for a lot of people.

For me, the candida is just my body’s way of forcing a lifestyle change on me, as my psyche is destructive and not co√∂perating. It is my body’s way of forcing me back into a more balanced being. I now think that, if I do not change my thinking, no diet or supplements in the world will cure me.

I had chronic fatigue before candida, and misused food and alcohol to deal with mental hypersensitivity. Candida is only a logical effect.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I look at it more as a lifestyle (eating) problem combined with environmental factors such as parasites, antibiotics, vaccines, mercury from fillings, molds, etc.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

For me, I think it was a mixture of chronic stress and horrifically bad (mal)nutrition over a period of many years. I had a ridiculous sweet tooth and would frequently consume 100g or more of sugar in a single sitting, even after a starchy meal. The stress was probably a result of the sugar and omega-6 overload. It wouldn’t surprise me if metal toxicity and such is linked in with this too. How does a beaten up, malnourished body that’s barely functioning on all levels properly detoxify itself?

If it wasn’t for the painful symptoms in my arms, I’d still be considered “normal”, despite surviving on little more than crisps, pizza and chocolate while at uni. Relying on conventional health care did nothing but crush my motivation and waste a big chunk of my youth. I guess, like Chris, my body has finally forced me to make a lifestyle change.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

For me personal I think it was parasites and overuse of antibiotics. I always ate pretty healthy, though I did in take too much sugar in desserts. But my parents were good and feeding my bother and I healthy meals. I never really consumed alchol. Never liked it. I worked out and kept stress down. Though there was one point in my life that I had some emotional stress that might have made this problem worse.

What I did to figure it out what cause this for me personally was think about when I started having problems. I could pin point a time, not everyone can, but I was a picture of perfect health until I went swimming in a lake while camping. There was some problem with the water and we were not allowed to go in it ( I think it might have been e coli but not sure) but they tested it in the morning and the camp ranger guy told us it was now safe to go swimming. Only my father and I went swimming. We both were very sick when we got home. I was given three different types of antibiotics. Nothing helped, because it probably was not a bacteria that I had but most likely a parasite but it the problem seemed to go away. Of course it dint, it just seemed like that. I had digestive issues ever since.

I also born very premature, was a sea section birth, and was unable to be given breast milk. This all made me at risk for thing like candida because I did not have the beneficial bacteria. Many of my organs were not even developed, and my immune system was developed mostly outside my mother body. New research is finding that the immune system is directly realty to the digestive tract. Also when a baby goes through the birthing canal it swipes up beneficial bacteria there. And the benefits of breast milk most people know about.

If I were you just think about when you started to have problems and see if there is any glaring issues that happened at that time.
    Hope this helps,
    Lauren

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

In my case, a moderate amount of candida has been with me since I was a child. I have had chronic dandruff for more than 20 years, occasional ring worms, craving for sweet food, high blood pressure when I was over weight, headaches, etc.
    Curiously, no intestinal problems ( I could eat anything )
    Later, when I was around 43, I had my first dental work and the dentist placed an amalgam that never was well done and have to be re-fixed at least 4 times in year and half. My health when totally down because it also happened a period of severe stress, too much work in a polluted environment, lack of rest, excessive sex (almost every day) and a diet loaded of sugar (soda, ice cream, bread, junk food, etc )

The collapse went after an UT infection where I was prescribed antibiotics several times to complete 2 months on them.

You know the rest !!! I was left almost death. It was a mix of many things but the dental works and the antibiotics were the culprit.
    Jorge.

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

Thank you for all the replies, very interesting.

I suspect this problem started after I had a c-section to remove a fibroid (benign tumor) in my uterus. I have HSV-1 and have had 4 outbreaks over the past year (when I usually have one, if any), I also became constipated and irregular. My diet was full of lots and lots of sugar, alcohol, and I was/am on hormonal birth control. I sometimes “feel” like I have a parasite (feeling things crawl inside of me..) — thank you lauren for those tests you posted, I’ll have to check them out.

While the diet can be hard as a 20 year old in college, I am so excited to have found some answers! I am still trying to solidify the root of the problem so I can fully recover.

Thanks to everyone who have shared their advice and experiences

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Discovering the root of candida’ is closed to new replies.