Crunchy Buckwheat "Snack Mix"

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Crunchy Buckwheat "Snack Mix"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I really wanted a crunchy, savory snack, so I came up with this one tonight!

Crunchy Buckwheat “Snack Mix”
    2 cups of raw buckwheat groats (kasha/roasted buckwheat would probably also work)
    1/2 cup of raw hemp seeds
    1/4 cup of coconut oil
    sea salt
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    coconut aminos

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
    2. Melt coconut oil, then mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and coconut aminos.
    3. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every ten.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I just made a snack inspired by this! I toasted a bit over a cup of raw buckwheat groats in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously. Around the 5-minute mark, I added a couple handfuls of raw hemp seeds. When everything was looking toasty and smelling fragrant, I turned off the heat and immediately poured it all into a bowl. I seasoned with coconut aminos, garlic powder (tons of it), ground coriander, smoked paprika, and coconut oil (about 1 tbsp). So good! So crunchy! And great to know I can make these stove-top so quickly, since my oven sucks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Crunchy Buckwheat "Snack Mix"’ is closed to new replies.