Creamy Cauliflower Soup With Greens

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Creamy Cauliflower Soup With Greens

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shell1226 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Catalina
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

I found this recipe in the Martha Stewart Living magazine. I’ve tried it with the collard greens and it’s very tasty! =)

Ingredients
    1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1 medium chopped onion
    4 chopped garlic cloves
    1 medium head of cauliflower
    4 1/2 cups of filtered water
    5 large collard green leaves or 5 large kale leaves (or a combination)
    Black pepper
    Sea salt

Directions
    1)Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and then add onion. Cover and cook until the onion gets soft (4-5 minutes).
    2)Add garlic and a pinch of salt and cook for 3 more minutes.
    4)Add cauliflower, and pour in filtered water until it reaches just below the top of the cauliflower.
    5)Bring to a boil over high heat.
    6)Reduce heat to low and simmer until cauliflower is just tender (about 10 minutes).
    7)Stir in washed green and simmer for 3 minutes.
    8)Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
    9)Puree soup in batches in a blender until very smooth, adding more water (about 1/2 cup) if it’s too thick.
    10) Garnish with black pepper, a drizzle of oil and pinch of sea salt.

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Great, I have been looking for more soup recipes. I will be trying this next week, thank you.

JanW
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

This looks great. I have been craving soup even though it is really hot outside.

Chiskinlady
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

I made a batch of this last week & it was really good! It got really hot out the day after I made it, so I decided to try it cold & it was still awesome!

vem
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 15

I just want to say that this recipe saved my LIFE during the veggie detox and now during Stage 1. It’s absolutely delish. I’ve even started making it and forwarding it to non-candida folks. THANK YOU!

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

I’m going to have to make this. I’m on the detox diet now and this sounds delish!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Creamy Cauliflower Soup With Greens’ is closed to new replies.