Constipation and Leaky Gut

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Constipation and Leaky Gut

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

smiles
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello, I am new to this site. I have been on the candida diet for a month now. My main symptom is constipation. Although, some of my cravings have subsided I still have bloating and a distended stomach which I belief to be from the leaky gut imbalance. Does anyone know how long it takes to treat this leaky gut? I am taking digestive enzymes, probiotics, glutamine, and cleansing herbs. I also take a magnesium supplement for the constipation. I have heard glutamine helps repair the lining but does anyone have a similar experience and ideas of how to treat?
    Thank you.

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

Hi Smiles!

I’m having the same problem you are having. I’m about 2 months into the protocol and aside from occasional die off, the majority of my symptoms have improved tremendously, but my stomach is in constant turmoil! I had a lot of symptoms, so even though the issue with my stomach is huge, I still feel much better.

I constantly have a distended belly (I look and feel 6 months pregnant). It is hard to breath because my stomach gets so distended and I’m always fighting severe constipation. I’m taking all of the supplements suggested on the protocol in addition to the following for my gut: Betaine HCL, Slippery Elm, Bentonite Clay, Glutamine, a huge dose of mag ox, a cup of Aloe Vera Juice 3 times a day now, and I drink coconut oil and olive oil several times a day. I drink warm water in the morning, and after I take the Slippery Elm (4 times/day), and gobs and gobs of water throughout the day!

I’m miserable!!!!!

I’m sorry I don’t have the answer, but from what I’ve been reading it might take months for this to improve. Maybe someone will see this and have some suggestions for us!

Good luck!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s my leaky gut supplement list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3278_Rasters-Leaky-Gut-List.aspx

SF722 also heals leaky gut.

You need to reduce inflammation in order to heal leaky gut; you can do this either by doing an anti-inflammatory diet (broccoli, salmon, blueberries, etc) or taking a supplement that reduces inflammation such as (fermented) cod liver oil. FOS, prebiotics, and probiotics also heal leaky gut.

It takes a long long time to heal leaky gut and I recently was able to heal mine 95-99% after 1 year on the diet. I am still allergic to processed foods and feel a few symptoms after gluten or sugar in large amounts.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Constipation and Leaky Gut’ is closed to new replies.