Confession :-/

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confession :-/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jennyska
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 26

Hey guys,
    I broke the diet, not too much but I did and I am disappointed. It happened on tuesday, I was so hungry by not eating all day and the cravings, so I went into tesco’s and bought : macademia and mixed nuts and ate them (not all but quite a lot), I stopped that yesterday. But my question is : for quite a bit of time I am convicned my body does not react to nuts good, my face is swollen, but again it is just my assumption. The question is, hypothetically, if I was allergic to nuts, I cannot consume coconut oil can I ? Because I am assuming that is what might be stopping me from getting better : possible ?
    Jenny

Mattb22
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

Im no expert and this probably doesnt help but I read somewhere that coconuts are seeds, its also quite rare for someone with nut allergies to be allergic to coconuts, have you ever experienced problems with them before?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

While you may not notice a ‘reaction’ to nuts, it definitely can set you back. If you were to eat nuts every day for a few weeks/months; your body will eventually give you a signal that it doesn’t like it. That is why we don’t recommend it.

If you notice any mucus production afterwards, this is an allergic reaction to the nuts and its your body telling you that it doesn’t like it.

Hope this helps. It won’t set you back too much.

-Raster

johnny22
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

I have had slip-ups too but I go right back to the diet without worrying about it too much. But I would suggest feeding your body on time with the allowed foods as you tend to slip most often when you are really hungry.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jennyska wrote: The question is, hypothetically, if I was allergic to nuts, I cannot consume coconut oil can I? Because I am assuming that is what might be stopping me from getting better : possible?

Hi, Jenny.

Lots of people believe the coconut to be a nut (after all, we call it a coco-nut), others believe that it’s actually a type of fruit. But actually these huge eatable foods are in class by themselves and are actually called palms, or in this case, a coconut palm. Of course everything has an official ‘scientific’ name, and for a coconut the scientific name is cocos nucifera.

At any rate, all three of the other posts here are correct with their information, and you may even want to read those again. Matt was right on in telling you that most people with allergies to nuts do not react at all to coconuts. The reaction to nuts is usually due to the various molds that nuts can have, but it would be rare indeed for a newly purchased coconut and especially the oil to contain mold.
    Also, I’ve never read a research study or a case which mentioned that coconut oil in any way can prohibit a Candida albicans cure.

If you actually feel that you’re seeing no improvement at all, perhaps if you have time to send us a list of everything you’re eating, regularly as well as occasionally, along with a complete list of supplements (with brand names), we may be able to find a reason in your regimen which could possibly prevent a quicker cure.

Also, I’d like you to think about exactly how you felt before you started the diet, which according to your original posts was about a month before joining the forum, and then think about exactly how you felt just before eating all the nuts the other day. Compare the two and see if there are any differences at all in how you felt before starting the diet and now.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Confession :-/’ is closed to new replies.