Comfort Food – Sauteed Chicken and Noodles in Pink Cream Sauce

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Comfort Food – Sauteed Chicken and Noodles in Pink Cream Sauce

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  grumbleguts 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

grumbleguts
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I just whipped this up with some left overs and it was really good. Prep time about 10 mins, cook time about 15.

Serves 1 – 2 people (depending on how hungry you are) :o). Just multiply for more servings

1 x bundle of Soba Asian Noodles
    I got these on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VDH5NM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00). Be aware, that’s a LOT of noodles!
    3 x TBSP coconut milk (the top creamy part).
    Use the full cream stuff not the light stuff (yuck!)
    1 cup of organic sugar free pasta sauce.
    I found some at my local grocery store. $8/bottle but it’s good stuff. All organic ingredients and no sugar added.
    1/2 chicken breast.
    I had left over chicken on the grill from last night that I used but you can use a boneless/skinless uncooked breast
    1 x TBSP Butter
    1/4 Yellow/Sweet onion

Preparation

Boil noodles as per directions. I always add a bit of olive oil but you don’t have to.
    At the same time, saute the onion in butter in a medium pan (or bigger if you’re feeding more than 1-2).
    Get the onions nice and caramelized, and add the chicken. Saute until the chicken is cooked. Add salt/pepper to taste.
    Once noodles are ready, drain, rinse and add to chicken and onions.
    Add pasta sauce and coconut milk and saute for 3-4 minutes until all ingredients are hot. Salt/pepper to taste.

Serve and enjoy

This is a very simple base and you can add so many more vegetables to this if you’d like. I was just digging for left overs and slapped this together and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Comfort Food – Sauteed Chicken and Noodles in Pink Cream Sauce’ is closed to new replies.