Cole slaw recipes?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cole slaw recipes?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tareq 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I searched the recipes but didn’t find anything.

I know NOT to use carrots or bottled cole slaw dressing. But I love raw cabbage and it’s that time of year to make cole slaw in big batches. 🙂

I figure I can use cabbage (red or green), onions (red or white) but what other veggies can work with this?

About dressing, I know that apple cider vinegar is allowed…I figure combining this with EVOO with some spices could work. I usually use a touch of sea salt and a fair amount of black pepper. But what other herbs/spices could work in cole slaw?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I used to use apple cider vinegar mustard, salt, and pepper. It was better than nothing.

Able

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Are you eating Greek yoghurt? If yes, add some of it in your cole slow dressing. Also if you can find mayonnaise which is allowed (no forbidden ingredients) or you can make your own at home, this makes cole slaw dressing very yummy and more filling. I ususally use sea salt, EVO, coarse ground pepper, ACV, Greek yoghurt and mayonnaise.

As to other veggies, try to find shredded broccoli, i remember getting it at most large grocery stores in California. It goes great either by itself or mixed with cabbage. You could add some kick by using grated radishes or rutabaga (careful with rutabaga it’s a powerful antifungal!!!).

Hope this helps!

Arijana

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I eat plenty of plain goat yogurt. I don’t know if if I can tolerate greek yogurt if it’s only made from cow milk.

Thanks!

tareq
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

I have a recipes for Creamy Coleslaw. Recipes are bellow:

Ingredients

1 red onion, thinly sliced
    1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    3 cups shredded cabbage
    1 large carrot, shredded
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup sour cream
    2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
    1 teaspoon white wine vinegar

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the onion, red pepper, cabbage and carrot. Add raisins and toss well.

In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and vinegar together.

Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cole slaw recipes?’ is closed to new replies.