Coconut Flour Tortillas

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Coconut Flour Tortillas

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kirstendanielle 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MyButterflyEffect
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 12

I found this recipe in a Paleo Comfort Foods book. I’m finding a bunch of Paleo recipes that are Candida friendly since they don’t contain gluten, sugar, dairy, or legumes (low in carbs).

These tortillas take work, but they feel like a break from the diet!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut flour
    8 large egg whites
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/2 cup water
    -coconut oil

1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, making sure no lumps remain. If you want thinner tortillas, add 1-2 tsps more water.
    2. Preheat a small, qood quality nonstick skillet over medium heat (a good pan is important, otherwise tortillas will stick to skillet). Place about 1 tsp coconut oil in the pan. Swirl around to coat.
    3. Pour about 3 Tablespoons of batter into the pan, tipping the pan from side to side while you pour in the batter (to get a very thin tortilla). Do not attempt to flip the tortilla until you are sure the first side is golden brown. Otherwise, the tortilla will rip.
    4. Once nice and golden brown, flip over and brown on opposite side. Remove to plate, and repeat process (adding in some coconut oil, the batter, etc.) You should get about 8-10 medium sized tortilla (if you make yours thick, you will get less).

*These can be made a day or two in advance. Store them in a ziplock bag and reheat when you need them.
    * There are many different variations that can be made: cumin spiced, chili spiced, cinnamon, etc.

kirstendanielle
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

eh, this is more like eating a crepe or omellete… not a tortilla at all. i guess there are just no substitutions for some things.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Flour Tortillas’ is closed to new replies.