CHIPS on stage one?!!! Is it possible?!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions CHIPS on stage one?!!! Is it possible?!!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shell 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Oh man, wish I had known this a long time ago!! Just had a batch of the most awesome TURNIP chips!!! Woo Hoo!! So yummy, you guys have to try it!! Somebody also posted that you can make Kale chips too! http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1082_Stage-1-Potato-Chips.aspx

I’ll have to run out and get some Kale tomorrow!

Sliced up the turnip thinly, put in a bowl and put my garlic infused EVOO on it, with s.salt and pepper. Put them on a lined cookie sheet and baked at 375 (flipping around every 10 mins or so). The thin ones got kinda really brown almost burnt looking, but were still awesome! So I decided to turn the heat down, then I couldn’t wait any longer, so I broiled them. STILL AWESOME!

Great flavor! I would put up a picture, but I don’t know how! 🙂 Next time I might try a lower heat for a longer time so they can dry out a bit more and have some crunch! You can also do this with rutabaga, but I hear you can get some pretty serious die-off with that, so don’t go crazy on that one!!

Anyways, will make a great addition to the snack section, which is almost ah….none!! HA!!! Will be making lots of these!!!! 🙂

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Hubs is doing kale chips tonight maybe. So.excited. lol! Thanks for sharing the turnip recipe. I have some in the fridge.

shell
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 19

Those sound great!
    You can also make them with zuchinni. A little coconut oil on them works well before they go in the oven.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘CHIPS on stage one?!!! Is it possible?!!!!’ is closed to new replies.