carrots may be good for us afterall!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions carrots may be good for us afterall!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jay253 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

i was reading this nice article on dysbiosis and candida and it mentioned this about carrots

One thing that can be tremendously helpful for people with both SIBO and Candida overgrowth is eating carrots, because—despite containing soluble fiber—they contain oligosaccharides that inhibit the binding of enterobacteria onto the mucus that provides a protective covering for the internal surfaces of the intestines.

and on wiki it says
    When oligosaccharides are consumed, the undigested portion serves as food for the intestinal microflora. Depending on the type of oligosaccharide, different bacterial groups are stimulated or suppressed.[3][4]

Clinical studies have shown that administering FOS, GOS, or inulin can increase the number of these friendly bacteria in the colon while simultaneously reducing the population of harmful bacteria.[5]

also here is the leaky gut /dysbiosis page witch i believe has good info that i haven’t been able to find. its kind of hard to follow in that it don’t tell you how to eat exactly to cure it, the probiotics it mentions i found have great reviews. im still looking for a dds-1 source though mt capra goat products has a multi biotic with dds-1 i may try

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘carrots may be good for us afterall!’ is closed to new replies.