Carrots, blueberries are they bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carrots, blueberries are they bad?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

are carrots and blubberies to be avoided?

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

Carrots from what I understand have too much sugar and should be tried later, and although Blueberries have low sugar content for a fruit, it should probably be tried later on as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s a post about blueberries:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3062_Blueberries-Counteract-Intestinal-Diseasesprobiotics-for-gut-treament.aspx

I’ve eaten them throughout my diet with no consequences. I eat about 15 each day which is about 8g of sugar. Blueberries have anti-inflammatory properties and other health benefits.

Carrots are high sugar/starch and should not be eaten in large amounts while on the diet. I like them in my salads so use about 1/2 in (3cm) of grated carrots per salad.

-raster

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Personally if I can sacrifice something or do without it I won’t eat it. I don’t care much for the foods that are borderline or unacceptable on the diet. If u can do without it it might be better to avoid it but it’s up to you.
    Stay positive.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I don’t know why raspberries never get any credit. Like blueberries, they’re 12% carbohydrate, but with only 4% sugar and a decent 6% fibre. Blueberries, on the other hand, are 10% sugar and 2% fibre, the worst ratio for any berry. All berries are anti-inflammatory, and personally I think raspberries have much more flavour.

As for carrots, I think baby ones have slightly less carbs by weight, but I’m not sure if that’s simply because the ratio of the edible part to the skin and root is lower. They’re such a good source of vitamin A that I’d like to introduce them at some point. 1oz has 77% of your vitamin A GDA, with only 1g or so of sugar.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Carrots, blueberries are they bad?’ is closed to new replies.