carob and coconut oil

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions carob and coconut oil

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Ok, I read through the recipes and I want to understand:
    1)all the use of the coconut oil, powder…is not that going to make trygliceride levels or cholesterol levels go very high?

2)and carob…so it is not the same as cocoa? we can use it?

thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

There was the day when coconut was touted as being as dangerous to human cholesterol as other saturated fat foods. Coconut oil is of course predominately a saturated fat, however, research was conducted in the 80s which proved that it does not have the negative effect on cholesterol that other saturated fat does. Natural coconut oil actually increases the HDL cholesterol and therefore improves the overall cholesterol profile. As you probably know, HDL is the good part of cholesterol which helps protect against heart disease. Coconut oil and coconut flour are both perfectly fine for anyone unless they are allergic to coconut, which is a quite rare occurrence.

Carob isn’t the same as chocolate and contains no cocoa. One hundred grams of chocolate contains 180 milligrams of caffeine where as 100 grams of carob contains zero caffeine grams. A lot of people on the forum have used it, so I doubt there would be a problem with it.

Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘carob and coconut oil’ is closed to new replies.