Candida Tests- YOUR experience on testing, successful or scam?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Candida Tests- YOUR experience on testing, successful or scam?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wolfman 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I wanted to start a thread for the people who have had experiences with testing.

Did you find the test a scam,or helpful?

Was the test conclusive,or a waste of time?

What would you tell people spending money on different tests?

Vegan Catlady

My experience here is that I went to the hospital very dizzy (couldnt drive) and told the ER doc I thought I might be battling a fungal infection. He looked in my throat and said “dont see any candida there!”.
    They took tests and when I asked if they tested for candida ( I didnt know anything about candida at the time, I only just learned of it)all he said was “I didnt see anything that would tell me you have any of that”

Asked my regular MD if she could test for it. She told me “there are no conclusive tests that she knows of”.

Waited a month to see this guy that did blood analysis at a natural food store.
    He didnt show up for the days he was supposed to be there, and showed up on days he wasnt.

Im glad now I didnt have it done. It costs 50$
    I know now that with enough research, you can narrow-down how likely that what you have is candida overgrowth.
    He couldnt have told me anything I didnt figure out on my own.

Vegan Catlady

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/testingforcandida.htm

Blood Test
    An Anti-Candida Antibodies, or Candida Immune Complexes test. There are 3 antibodies that should be tested to measure your immune system’s response to Candida – IgG, IgA, and IgM. High levels of these antibodies indicate that an overgrowth of Candida is present. This is the most reliable test for Candidiasis that you can find.

Stool Analysis
    Your stool is directly analyzed for levels of yeast, pathogenic bacteria and friendly bacteria. However Candida often does not show up in this test, so the blood test is more reliable.

Urine Tartaric Acid Test
    This test detects tartaric acid – a waste product of Candida yeast overgrowth. An elevated test means an overgrowth of Candida. Again, this test can be unreliable so the blood test is more likely to give an accurate result.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

A stool analysis from a reputable lab like Metametrix is probably your best bet.

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Interesting. I have had the stool and blood test. The stool showed heavy to moderate bacterial growh and the blood test only measured IgG by the looks of it. Said elevated antibodies suggest fungal infection (some of it is cut off, I took a picture of it but can check once at home). I would like to track my progress and am wondering what the best test would be a few months down the road…

Wolfman
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

My stool test was positive for candida albicans but 5 months later IgG and IgM blood tests were negative. Maybe I have got rid of it in that time, but I hav eheard blood tests may not be able to pick up intestinal candida as the infection may not have entered the bloodstream.

So I might be clear, I might not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Candida Tests- YOUR experience on testing, successful or scam?’ is closed to new replies.