Candida – but negative results on a yeast swab?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida – but negative results on a yeast swab?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SarahC99
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I have been suffering with vaginal problems/yeast infection symptoms for the better part of my adult life. I recently had an allergy test performed by my natural pathetic doctor and Candida showed really high on the test. I have almost all the common symptoms of Candida, so I felt pretty confident that this is what I had. My NP doctor put me on a program of probiotics and caprylic acid, along with the diet and I did seem some improvement. However, I foolishly stopped the program after a couple months, and now all the symptoms have come raging back.

I have been back on the program now for a month, followed the detox etc. and am about to start the anti-fungals. So far I have seen no improvement. I finally went back to my medical doctor for testing because the symptoms of yeast/vaginal infection are so bad. Itching, burning, strong odour…

She took a urine sample and a swab for yeast and bacteria. All negative.

So I guess now I am wondering if Candida is what is actually wrong? If I had Candida, wouldn’t it show positive on a yeast swab test? Hoping someone might have some insight into this.

Thanks so much.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

That’s surprising. Keep us updated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Candida – but negative results on a yeast swab?’ is closed to new replies.