Candida and SIBO (and Gallbladder removal)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and SIBO (and Gallbladder removal)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ae1218 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ae1218
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi all!

I’m new to the site and am excited to explore more. Quite honestly I feel a bit overwhelmed, so as I begin my research I thought I’d reach out to everyone to see if you have any thoughts.

My journey with GI issues began a year ago in late December 2017, and by July I had my gallbladder removed due to attacks every time I’d eat fat, and being diagnosed with methane SIBO the same day. It was an easy recovery after getting my gallbladder out, though at 27 it was a scary decision, and I can process fat *significantly* better. SIBO has been a longer road, I’ve been on antibiotics twice and am about to begin my third round. I have cut out dairy, gluten, soy, peanuts and caffeine from my life but still haven’t felt better.

I went to a functional doctor and he diagnosed me with candida overgrowth. I am looking at diets and am wondering if anyone without a gallbladder has any advice or anyone also struggling with SIBO. Also any tips of the diet- I live off of rice but am hearing that is not the best idea. I’m obviously looking at the foods to avoid/eat but I feel like I basically keep to that diet. So any tips on a hardcore regimen is most appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.