Candex helping Candida/Fungal Rashes- Why not Recommend?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candex helping Candida/Fungal Rashes- Why not Recommend?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Last year Pure Essence Candex was recommended to me from a Metabolic Nutritionist on the West Coast. This guy is brilliant and I trust him. He said that he knew many people with Candida that were very happy with the results taking it. It personally helped then when I took it with with antifungals after he mentioned. Now I am trying it for a flair of rashes I’m having and it began helping those right away. No side effects either.

Why is not not recommended here?

I went searching for Candex and found a thread, Is Candex good or bad? that had mostly negative comments.

So far my experience with candex has been very good. I’d like to know folks experience with and opinions about Candex because I thoroughly research anything I take.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its just a multi-enzyme product and there are other better ones that I recommend for same price such as Pro-gest which contains additional supplements such as ox bile, etc. that are quite important.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Hi Raster, Funny Pro Gest got my attention since I’ve been thinking of taking Emerita Pro-Gest (Progesterone) to help my trouble getting to sleep. Certainly you are referring to Enzymatic Therapy Pro-Gest-Ade. Right?
    Based on a Genova Diagnostics, GI Effects Stool Test A Metabolic Counselor I meet with suggested Bovine bile salts (Standard Process Cholacol or Endo-met GB3) or Ox Bile with each meal, particularly meals with a higher fat content, but he said that bile salts shoud not be considered a longterm plan because they may create a dependence and won’t necessarily help to make one’s own bile. I was showing impaired fat absorption.

I don’t know enzymes well but to me Candex looks pretty different than Pro Gest.

2 Caps of Candex has
    Vegetarian Cellulase 74000 CU*
    Vegetarian Hemicellulase 30000 HCU*
    Vegetarian Amylase 4000 DU*
    Vegetarian Invertase 1000 SU*
    Vegetarian Malt Diastase 200 DP *
    Vegetarian Glucoamylase 200 AGU *
    *Daily value not established.
    Other Ingredients: Cellulose and water (found in all vegetarian capsules), magnesium sterate

Enzymatic Therapy Pro-Gest-Ade
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Total Carbohydrate Less than 1 g <1%
    Niacin (as niacinamide) 20 mg 100%
    Betaine HCl 310 mg *
    L-Glutamic Acid HCl 310 mg *
    Bromelain Concentrate 10:1 200 mg *
    Papain 6X 200 mg *
    Amylase 100 mg *
    Lipase 100 mg *
    Mycozyme (fungal amylase) 50 mg *
    Ox Bile Extract 32 mg *
    Pancreas Substance 32 mg *
    *Daily value not established.

I’m a little surprised that Candex being an enzyme has been agreeing with me. Perhaps for me it is helping with Yeast Management other than Candida.
    About 2 months ago I began taking a very simple enzyme that is agreeing with me Dr. Howell’s Original Formula Enzyme, Genuine Nzimes
    (Amylase, 3,400 DU; Protease, 10,000 HUT; Lipase, 36 LU; Cellulase, 40 CU)
    So many enzymes I’d tried in the past gave me very bad indigestion. A formula with pepsin and HCl once gave me a Duodenal Ulcer — that took me over a year to heal.
    Ran accross a great article for me called..
    Why I don’t Recommend HCl and Digestive Enzymes…Right Away by Matt Robinson

And my Metabolic Counselor suggested my using Betaine (whole beets are richest source + L-glycine (1,000-2,000 mg) + L-Taurine (2,000mg) for bile acid stimulation but I’ve not started these yet as I have some more questions for him.

Not sure how all of these digestive issues fit into the Candida picture but I do believe they do…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Candex helping Candida/Fungal Rashes- Why not Recommend?’ is closed to new replies.