can I smoke marijuana while on the Candida Diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice can I smoke marijuana while on the Candida Diet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mckostea87 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

danjeckstein
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello everyone. Quick back story: I lived with toxic mold for a year and a half. I’m having a lot of the symptoms and have researched Candida. I’ve read the book and am planning on starting the diet after the holidays. I’ve already cut out a lot of the foods that are not on the diet but like I said, I’m not starting until Jan 1. Lately when I smoke weed my breathing gets very short and I can’t stop coughing. I know that marijuana sensitivity is a symptom. What I would like to know is: Can I treat Candida Overgrowth while still smoking weed? I have tried to vape but it causes the same reaction. Never had a problem with weed until the mold exposure.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dan

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You likely have high histamine levels. If you take a break for a period of time and take care of yourself, the reactions should get less bad from my experience. I would then switch to a vape. Take vitamin C to reduce histamine levels.

-raster

futureyogi
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

I just had a horrible reaction to marijuana last night. It was like a seizure. I started taking a bunch of anti fungals yesterdays so I guess my liver was already taxed and couldnt process the weed. I know weed is supposed to be good for you but it still has to be processed by the liver (I guess its the thc).

I have had this candida problem for a while now and what Ive learned is that yeast releases toxins in your body. One of them resembles alcohol (which makes you crave sugar). So you already have to process toxins and then your putting more chemicals into your body when you do drugs.

Smoking mary j while having candida might be ok, as long as your not going through a cleanse and trying to eradicate it.

Its really best to avoid it. I know I will be for a while.

Hope you get better!

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

I turned into a heavy user after getting pneumonia, which was mostly caused by cigarettes. But it cleared after about a week of smoking cannabis with a water pipe to filter the smoke. In the last year I’ve also started making tinctures with the leaf. Which has turned into my new cough syrup or when I need something to knock me out.

It has been a wonder for helping with sleep and it helped get me through a lot of the blow back from this illness like my broken rib or fibromyalgia, etc. It does have it’s draw backs, but I think the benefits like cannabinoids out weigh the drawbacks. As cannabinoids may play a role in helping people like us to heal. Because if you follow the functions of cannabinoids you see their role is most often to aid other substances “like medicines” to function more efficiently with the immune system. They also have other benefits like being anti-cancer etc, but so do a lot of other substances like herbs, they just lack cannabinoids like traditional medicines.

A lot of this in conjecture to a point, but I’m sure most of use have read some of the things said about cannabis and other herbs by now, so it’s likely some of it may be true. As for my personal experience it’s been a big help, even if I feel I currently use a little too much, using it nightly.

Yuki
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

I agree with raster. A break while you heal and then starting back up with a vape is probably your best bet. If you absolutely do not want a break, at least get a vape to give your lungs a break!

Donate here to help me get Mercury-free and solve my systematic candiasis permanently! (Even $1 can greatly help my cause!)

rmw1822
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I’m no doctor, but I think you can. I’ve struggled with candida for almost 3 years now and I’ve never had any issues using marijuana while on the diet. I think its positives definitely outweigh its negatives when on the diet due to the stress some people may have on the diet alone, the social difficulties (if you’re a drinker), etc. I’m naturally a stressed out person (thanks Mom!) so again, I think being able to relax and not think so much reduces my stress which is probably part of the reason I’m struggling with candida overgrowth to begin with. The only think you have to be careful with is the munchies!

Chrysanthos
    Blocked
    Replies: 1

Is it true that marijuana can actually help to loss weight? I’ve been hearing people talk about this lately in some forum i cant remember what forum that is but i was pretty curious about they’re topic. I have been reading this marijuana strain here in [LINK REMOVED] and all it says that it can help you relax and chill you physically and mentally. Some of them might even help you with depression and anxiety but this issue regarding losing weight when using marijuana is just fascinating. Can you enlighten me with some new information about this?

Mckostea87
    Participant
    Replies: 1

It affected me pretty bad i stopped smoking and my candida was somewhat balanced then i start smoking and now is not good i see the link between this two, weed contains mold.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘can I smoke marijuana while on the Candida Diet?’ is closed to new replies.