Buckweat vs. Buckweat Bread. need some help :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Buckweat vs. Buckweat Bread. need some help :(

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emma002 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Emma002
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hey everyone,

ive been on the candida strict diet for 10 days and i really need your advice regarding safe grains.
    i know that acoording to the forum protocol buckweat products are allowed on the diet after 2 weeks.
    from my expirence with cooked buckweat or ANY kind of grains (also qinoa, brown rice, etc’) before i started the strict diet, every time i tried eating buckweat i experienced terrible brain fog, constipation bloating and sleepiness.
    so im really really afraid introducing buckweat to this diet.
    but im loosing too much weight and i feel i have to eat some kind of grain, as im also starving.
    my question is this – is buckweat flour, as you suggest on this forum (the buckweat bread recipe), safer then buckweat- in it’s cooked/or other form?
    if so, it is because its lighter on digestion?

and another question – is coconut flour safer/contain less sugar than coconut flaks/ milk ?
    im asking because i had a bad reaction after using coconut flaks and also mild rection to milk.

and another small quesion – are seeds/nuts safer later on the diet?

thanks alot! would really appriciate your advice,
    Emma

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Everyone has their own individual symptoms when eating food so its hard to say what is safe for each person. It requires trial and error. However, your symptoms in my opinion mean to me you aren’t taking any digestive aids to help break down the foods you eat. The supplements you take on the diet are quite important and essential for helping you get better.

What are the best supplements for you to take on the diet? Well a good naturopath can help figure this out for you, not raster unfortunately. However the types of digestive aids people typically take include a variety of digestive enzymes, SF722 (acids), and/or HCL (hydro-chloric acid). If you are deficient in stomach acid, then your body is not breaking down the food you eat which then causes the food to ferment in the stomach and causing gas, bloating, etc.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

Another important thing you’ll need to do for general health is to chew your food properly. If you are not chewing your food enough, this strains your digestive system.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

In general from my experience, bloating is directly related to inflammation and poor digestion. Its going to be a symptom that most people experience long term and off and on throughout the diet. Sleepiness after eating food is a general symptom that almost any human has because your blood travels from your brain to your stomach to help break down the food you eat. This is why people are pretty sluggish on thanksgiving. Brain fog is also another long term symptom that most people experience on the diet and it typically only goes away as you clean out your system and detox. To speed up the process you can support your brain with brain supplements such as flax oil, L-glutamine, PS-100, etc.

I wouldn’t be concerned about the sugar content of coconut products because it is quite low in general. The yeast will survive either way in general. Coconut milk is highly inflammatory and is antifungal, and this is likely why you experienced a reaction to it.

Seeds and nuts can set back your progress so its best to wait until later in the diet to consume them.

-raster

Emma002

Hello Raster.

thank you very much for you detailed response:)
    i tried couple of times taking digestive enzymes with Betaine Hcl ingredient and it didnt much help, with the grains issue anyway.
    i have no problem digesting vegtabls, fish, eggs flax seeds

right now i take strong probiotics and liver support pills with milk thistle and other intigrends. (plus antifongals of course).
    i also think i need to add something for digestion. maybe i will try other enzymes capsuls.

regarding the coconut milk – what brand do you recommend? i only tried the AROY D product, its totally natural with no added intigrends. im not sure if its coconut liquid or milk. its kind of white.

is buckweat flour in your opinon easier to digest then buckweat?

thanks again!
    Emma

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think cream of buckwheat is likely the easiest to digest out of the buckwheat products followed by the flour and then the groats. Keep in mind that if you bake with eggs in the bread this could be causing digestive problems (it tends to constipate people and is a common allergen).

-raster

Emma002

Thanks for your answer:)

i think, like your advice i try to eat the cream of buckweat first.
    later on i’ll try the bread (as i react pretty well to eggs(

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buckweat vs. Buckweat Bread. need some help :(’ is closed to new replies.