Brown Rice Syrup / Rice Malt Syrup

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Brown Rice Syrup / Rice Malt Syrup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Banshee 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

enidcoleslaw
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hey,

Does anyone know why Brown Rice Syrup/Rice Malt Syrup is on the no list for sweeteners? I am unable to find any information about this anywhere on the site or on the net really. The I Quit Sugar people use it in a lot of their cooking and say that it is safe to eat as do many other web sites as it is not fructose. I am not a huge fan of stevia or xylitol so was hoping to incorporate this into my diet in small amounts.

Any help would be appreciated!

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I think that perhaps in the maintenance phase it could be consumed in small amounts, but like any other sweetener, it still has sugar.

Though I am not thrilled about stevia myself, Sweetleaf Sweet Drops in Toffee or Vanilla Creme are some of the better. I make an herbal chai (hot or frozen) with either drops and some coconut milk. It’s basically my sanity saver until I’m permitted fruit again.

Xylitol is iffy, as it does influence blood sugar, but to a lesser degree. I might use a couple of tablespoons in a recipe and combine it with stevia for a better balance (and to reduce bitterness).

Check out Ricki Heller or Healthful Pursuit if you’re in search of safe sweets. They are both low sugar and have options for vegans, allergies, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Brown Rice Syrup / Rice Malt Syrup’ is closed to new replies.