Brown Rice Sushi

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Brown Rice Sushi

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lincoln 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lincoln
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

Hey y’all,

These are one of my favourite treats while on the candida diet so I thought I would share with you all. Also no feeling guilty as the ingredients are allowed but do not eat too many as they do use brown rice which is high in carbohydrates (I use Low GI Brown) and may not be great for people with serious candida infections. But, they are delicious and a great treat.

Ingredients:

Brown Rice
    Nori Seaweed Rolls

Vegetables of your choice or meat (here’s mine);

Cucumber
    Avocado
    Capsicum
    Onion
    Eggs

Method:
    1. Cook brown rice until very soft (35 – 40 mins)

2. Drain most of the liquid leaving a little bit in there. Stir the rice every so often as it cools and this will make it nice and sticky (easy to use), cool completely before using.

2a. While rice is cooling prepare meat and eggs (if using)

3. Lay seaweed paper flat and then coat with rice leaving a space at one end for the Nori rolls to stick to themselves when you roll them.

4. Cut vegetables into thin strips, Lay vegetables (and meat) in a horizontal line towards the bottom of where you are rolling from. Roll sheets up as per normal (using a sushi mat is way easier).

5.Cut up and enjoy 😀

I didn’t give quantities because I didn’t feel it necessary, make as much as you want and experiment a bit.

I don’t mix any vinegar in because I believe that is only to go with the Soy sauce which is NOT allowed, however if you would like to you, you may add 1-2 Tablespoons of Vinegar per 1 Cup of rice

Happy eating all.

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

mmmm this sounds like a new years treat to me. Have you tried coconut liquid aminos? It’s a safe alternative to soy sauce and I’ve found it in many health food stores and I believe Whole Foods also carries it.

stage1
    Topics: 3

Mmmmm!! I’m totally on-board!! I’ve always wanted to make my own sushi 😀

lincoln
    Topics: 4

No, yeastygut I haven’t yet tried that but believe it would be wonderful, thanks for the suggestion :D, happy eating guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brown Rice Sushi’ is closed to new replies.