Bloated sluggish water balloon.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Bloated sluggish water balloon.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Latka 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

indio
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello every one 🙂

Thought I would introduce myself, give a bit of background info and in return get some support from this wonderful forum. Sorry it’s a long one!!

I am 25, I have known about Candida for 7 years. When I was 18 I was SO fed up with feeling ill all the time I went to see a nutritionist. I’d been misdiagnosed in hospital at 17 and because they wanted the bed the booted me out with 4 YES 4 different anti-b’s. Well, as you can imagine, in pain and scared, I listened to what the “Dr” commanded. When the test results came back . . . they were all clear, I’d taken all those pills for NO reason other then to tick some ones boxes (thanks NHS. So as you can imagine it made me ill, very ill. I was told I had IBS as a result of taking them. I lost part of my eyesight, my weight plummeted, my skin was grey, I was tired, slept all the time, couldn’t eat, black eyes, the works. I had to quit college because I couldn’t physically do anything. It was depressing and lonely and no one understood how I felt. It took a year to get to a point where I could actually work.

So at the nutritionist, I told her what happened, went through my lifes medical history and she told me I have Candida. 6 years ago in the UK, this wasn’t a well known thing and finding info was a nightmare. People looked at me as if I was making it up. But I did what I could. 3 months of a strict Candida diet and it made the world of difference.

But since then, life has happened, diet no longer a priority, got married, moved house etc etc etc. I kept a few habbits from the diet, like no sugar added to drinks, no alcohol (I don’t see the point in it).

However, The time has come to do it again and this time with more knowledge, options and support with the help of this website.
    My diet isn’t horrendous. I am about 16 pounds over weight, a UK size 12. I have a lot of problems with my circulation in my legs, they ache all the time and I have varicose veins which hurt and throb. I also have stage 4 cellulite on my thighs. I have a perfectly toned and slim top half, my arms are amazing and my waist and tummy are perfect. But my legs are a different matter. They are FULL of water, I can’t get jeans on and the cellulite is making my skin sag. I am like two halves of different people. I have read that an under functioning liver contributes to cellulite.
    I am also tired all the time, I CRAVE sugar like nothing else and my IBS ranges from green poop one day to nothing at all for 3 days.

I do yoga, weight training and work out on elliptical training machine 3 times a week. I have been weaning myself off foods this last few weeks. No bread for the last 8 day’s, hot water and lemon with ginger instead of tea, 2 litres of water a day, lot’s of fruit instead of cake, I never eat anything with added salt (I balloon with water) I have cuts loads out and lost 3 pounds in a week.

My husband is working abroad and will be home in September – If I don’t do this now, I never will. I want to be fit and healthy for when he comes home and not be the tired, bloated misery I am now. So enough is enough, I work from home and as of next Monday, I am on the Candida Diet.(Got a big meal with friends in a couple of day’s to get out the way).

This website has a wealth of information and I am sure you will be hearing from me with nagging questions 😉 I scored 16 on the Candida Diet Test .. . So Wish me luck!!

By the way, if anyone has gone through the diet and seen a reduction in water retention, I would love to hear from you.

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

just make sure you don’t go too low on the calories while on the diet. I did that and more water retention resulted. Though I must say the first two weeks on the diet I noticed a significant lessening of water retention. However here I am now even more bloated and not getting my jeans on. Trying to figure out what to do about it. Also have my suspicion that a struggling liver might have somthing to do with it.

Just a thought: I’ve also read that overhydration and not enough salt can cause water retention too (!). I think it is a matter of finding a balance and not overdoing anything. I did a lot of colonics in the begining which means that I lost a lot of electrolytes. On top of that I was taking saunas and sweating a lot, and then drinking lots of water just flushing my system even more. I wonder if my water retention might actually have somehting to do with not having enough salt?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bloated sluggish water balloon.’ is closed to new replies.