Birthday Dessert Advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Birthday Dessert Advice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Clare_ 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

francescamarie717
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

My mothers birthday is coming up next week. Usually I would make her a birthday cake but since we are both trying the candida diet I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas or receipts they could share on what I could make her for her birthday? She suggested Angel Food cake but I’m not sure thats the best substitute either. Thank you for any advice 🙂

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You could try something with coconut flour, oat bran etc. I think there are a few recipes on here. You could look around low-carb forums for other ideas. This guy has a phobia of carbs and sugar, but I saw this crazy recipe the other day http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.co.uk/2008/03/last-weekend-we-happened-on-farmers.html (note: probably not suitable…).

mamagibbs4
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

I like to open my cookbook, choose a recipe, and substute in acceptable ingredients.

EXAMPLE: all-purpose flour (use coconut flour, or maybe millet flour), sugar (use zylitol or stevia), vegetable oil (use olive oil or coconut oil, or another cold-pressed type of oil listed in the approved foods), shortening (use organic butter, ghee, or coconut oil if it doesn’t need to be a solid fat), carrots (use zuchini), etc.

I haven’t found a good substitute for fruit, however. 🙁

Good luck! And post if you find a really yummy one!

soon
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

Just buy some coconut ice cream from the store. The SO brand makes a vanilla flavored pint with xylitol as a sweetener. It takes exactly -exactly- like regular vanilla ice cream. This is even making me want to go buy some right now. I used to looovveee ice cream.

Magical1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I tried that coconut ice cream before I started the diet and I had bad problems from the sugar alcohol. It’s good though if you can handle it.

I use stevia and coconut flour to make stuff, doesn’t taste all that great, but it will do!

I modify stuff from this blog sometimes: http://www.elanaspantry.com/ingredients/

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I just made some tasty muffins out of coconut flour, buckwheat flour, eggs, butter, cinnamon and baking soda.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Birthday Dessert Advice’ is closed to new replies.