Birch sap – help itchy skin?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Birch sap – help itchy skin?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sambo23 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sambo23
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi all,
    Ive been following this forum for 3 weeks now and it has been extremely helpful.. ive never had to ask any questions until now.. thanks everyone!

Im on the strict diet, had been doing rather well till the last couple of days been getting really itchy sensitive skin, sometimes my face burns red and hurts to touch. I have been applying yoghurt to my face, seems to be the only thing that helps for a short time..

I’ve just noticed I was using the wrong form of molybdenum-not the chelated pills but the liquid molybdenum… so maybe this does not help with the die off? Anyway I ordered the real deal, should be here soon..

I also ordered some of the Ecklonia cava and milk thistle..

I wanted to ask what some of the experts (Able, raster, anyone else) thought of Birch sap as a natural medicine during the die off.. apparantly it works as an antiseptic, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-itching treatment
    and as xylitol can come from the sap of Birch trees I figured this could be used too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch_sap

so thanks a lot for the protocol, the advice with die off and everything else.. I have 3 friends doing the candida strict diet here and have managed to help them with the advice from this forum

sam

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Cloves and Juniper Berries salve can help itching.

Betulin which is extracted from Birch has shown positive results against psoriasis and dermatitis. Said to have anti itch qualities but Its being studied and used over sees and I dont have much info on it. I am following it and If I find information ill share it.

White birch trees are ubiquitous in cold climates. A photo of the white tree against white snow is iconic of New England winters. A bark extract called Betulin (a terpene like tea tree oil) has been shown in animal studies to be antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and to aid in wound healing. Research presented at the annual congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology showed that a cream containing betulin significantly reduced itching in red, irritated skin in psoriasis and eczema patients.

The study is only preliminary, and betulin will need to be tested in rigorous trials to see if the extract makes a cream much better than placebo cream; however, betulin is already available in creams in Europe.
    http://thedermblog.com/2010/02/19/extract-from-white-birch-tree-relieves-itch/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d look into juniper root extract to help with the itchy symptoms. Here’s my post about it:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3012_Possible-alternative-to-molybdenum–Juniper-Berry-Extract.aspx

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I wanted to ask what some of the experts (Able, raster, anyone else) thought of Birch sap as a natural medicine during the die off

Before trying the birch sap, I’d test some of the other suggestions you’ve received here as well as avocado oil rubbed into your skin.

sambo23
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

late response… but thank you so much for the advice here from everyone!!
    Clove and juniper cream sounds very interesting… Im going to search here on google to see if there is some recipe I can make myself
    I never tried the Birch sap in the end because the itching went away.. I got some molybdenum to help with the die off and started to follow Able’s strict diet..
    though it has improved a lot – my scalp is still dry and sometimes itchy… the other day I used a nettle and rosemary tea wash on my hair and scalp, seems to have done the trick!

thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Birch sap – help itchy skin?’ is closed to new replies.