Bieler Broth (AKA BEST SOUP EVER)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Bieler Broth (AKA BEST SOUP EVER)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  april1 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

This is my new favorite thing, it should be good for all phases. It was specially formulated by Dr. Bieler to be nutritious and healthful, especially for folks that are ill or convalescing. This is my version, which is slightly different from the original. It’s an art, not a science, so don’t worry about following the recipe verbatim.

Bieler Broth
    2 lbs. organic zucchini, sliced
    1 bag of frozen organic green beans (ideally 1 lb of fresh would be best, but it’s not season)
    3 stalks organic celery, chopped
    2-3 cloves of organic garlic (the more, the merrier!)
    1-2 tbsp of organic coconut oil
    1/2 bunch of organic parsley
    1 cup filtered water

1. Heat up the water, then dump in the green beans and cook for a few minutes (3-5).
    2. Add in the zucchini and celery and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every once in awhile to make sure all the veggies get cooked. They don’t need to be super-cooked, just no longer raw.
    3. Blend everything in the pot up so it’s liquid, then add in the garlic, coconut oil, and parsley. Blend that for quite awhile, until it’s a very smooth consistency.

If you like your soups more water and less creamy (this version is quite thick, that’s how I like it!), then add in more water at any stage.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

This is the best soup! Its so good! I love it And so does my daughter, ill b making this often

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

I made this soup tonight and it is delicious. I first heard about it from this post, then saw it in “Nourishing Traditions” by Sally Fallon.

“Henry Bieler recommended this broth for fasting, for energy, and overall health. He felt that this combination of vegetables was ideal for restoring acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance to organs and glands, especially the adrenal glands. Bieler brother is highly recommended for those under stress or suffering from stress-related conditions.”

alexinlondon
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

I’m trying this soup this weekend ! Photos will be incoming 🙂

I’m also off to the book shop to try and find a copy of nourishing traditions, looks really good book 🙂

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

niiice soup I added thyme as well.

bacflip4
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 12

Thanks for the soup recipe. I’m only on my third day and already at a lost. Hoping to find some other things I can have before being able to do the test foods.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I literally lived off this stuff for my first couple of months – plus stir fries with whatever green veggies I could find, and a LOT of greens. It gets easier, I promise!

april1
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Thank You for this recipe! After I cooked the veggies I put them in the Vitamix with the other ingredients and it made a wonderful delicious creamy soup(I just added salt). I feel like I’m eating like a “regular” person eating this, Thank You again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bieler Broth (AKA BEST SOUP EVER)’ is closed to new replies.