Beef & Vegetable Skewers

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Beef & Vegetable Skewers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arrow 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Arrow
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Just made it through day 2 of no starch, no sugar diet. Not gonna lie, all I can think about is carbs right now.

On the plus side though, I made these really yummy beef & vege skewers for dinner and they’ve managed to satisfy the hunger for a while, so I figured I’d share!

Makes about 8 – 10 skewers

Ingredients
    400g – 500g Diced/cubed Beef (or your preferred meat/meat substitute)
    2 Medium sized Zucchinis
    1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
    2 Tsp Dried Rosemary
    1 Tsp Onion Powder
    1 Tsp Garlic Powder
    Salt
    Olive Oil to drizzle

Really easy – just slice the Zucchini into 1-2cm chunks, and then start threading everything onto the skewers, giving yourself enough room for a hand-hold. I did mine like this; —zucchini-meat-tomato-meat-zucchini-meat-tomato- and they looked great.
    After that, you just sprinkle them with the herbs & salt to taste, flip them over, do the other side as well and then grill them with a bit of olive oil. Also, I found that the veges weren’t cooking as evenly for me, so I just grabbed a saucepan lid and covered up the skewers while they were cooking to help steam them a bit.

The great thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy and so versatile – you can pretty much substitute any meat/vegetables/herbs you like. I think next time I’d like to try with chicken, fresh garlic and oregano.

Let me know what other variations ideas you guys try!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Arrow wrote: 400g – 500g Diced/cubed Beef (or your preferred meat/meat substitute)

Beef should not be eaten at all during the strict diet phase of your treatment as it contains high amounts of ammonia which has a very positive benefit for Candida albicans, therefore, beef will slow down your progress significantly.

Able

Arrow
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

FML. Got a million different people telling me a million different things. Taking every ounce of strength I have to not just go and have a sandwich right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Beef & Vegetable Skewers’ is closed to new replies.