Baked Turnip Chips (closest I can get to potato chips…)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Baked Turnip Chips (closest I can get to potato chips…)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RickiH 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

These are a great snack! I am definitely having trouble findings decent foods I can snack on with the diet, and these do the trick.

Ingredients
    – 1-2 turnips, peeled (you can use as many as you want really)
    – ~ 2 tbsp olive oil – just use enough lightly coat turnips
    – spices of your choice to taste (recommend black pepper, salt, cayenne and cumin – but the options here are endless)

Steps
    – preheat oven to approx 350 F
    – peel turnips
    – using a mandoline, slice the turnips thinly (the thinner, the more crunchy they get, but also can burn easily) – important all are cut to uniform thickness
    – place sliced turnips into mixing bowl, and pour oil over – mixing gently to ensure all turnip slices are coated lightly
    – mix in spice blend of your choice
    – place on cookie sheet with no overlapping and place in preheated oven
    – after about 10 mins (keep a close eye on it) – flip over chips when edges start to brown
    – after another 10 mins or so (again – watch closely, can crisp quickly, then burn)

Enjoy!

link to pic (mine are browned a bit – I like them this way!): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppfs3yydndxcma7/2012-08-13%2022.24.21.jpg

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Thanks cjtboy!
    I just bought some fresh Alaskan turnips that are sooo sweet. I like just eating them raw but some “chips” sound delicious!

RickiH
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 16

Sounds fabulous–I made zucchini chips recently and was surprised at how delicious they are! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Baked Turnip Chips (closest I can get to potato chips…)’ is closed to new replies.