- March 29, 2012 at 4:11 am #77362
Chris24MemberTopics: 12Replies: 329
I havent seen it being mentioned on this site. Is it bs or plausible?
One site mentions these possible benefits:
• Hair, Nails, and Skin: Sulfur is a necessary component in collagen and keratin, which are in turn, necessary for the growth, maintenance, and health of hair, nails and skin. Therefore, a MSM supplement can help to promote the health and growth of hair, nails, and skin.
• Allergies: a MSM supplement is known to alleviate symptoms of many allergies including inhalation, contact, and food allergies.
• Stress and Chronic Fatigue: many people taking methylsulfonylmethane over periods of months to a year have reported feeling generally better, stronger, and more energetic.
• Arthritis: a MSM supplement has been shown to greatly reduce inflammation and joint degeneration as well as pain associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Chronic Pain: perhaps the most remarkable and extensive benefit from methylsulfonylmethane. Types of chronic pain that have been successfully treated with a MSM supplement include:
– Accidental/surface injury (cuts, bruises, scars, burns, etc)
– Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
– Headache, migraine
– Localized sports injury (e.g. Tennis elbows)
– Lower back pain
– Muscle aches
– Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
– Whiplash (neck injury)
– Repititive Strain Injury (RSI)
• Cramps and Muscle Soreness: a MSM supplement helps relieve stiff muscles and joints as well as leg and back cramps.
• Antioxidant: Methylsulfonylmethane reduces oxidative damage by neutralizing free radicals which in turn helps prevent or reduce the risk of cancer and age-related macular degeneration.
• Detoxification: Methylsulfonylmethane assists in destroying or removing many organic and inorganic toxic substances from the body.
• Vitamin and Nutrient Synergy: Methylsulfonylmethane helps cells absorb and preserve vitamins and nutrients from foods and other supplements including vitamin A, all B-vitamins, vitamin C, D, and E, calcium, selenium, magnesium, amino acids, and others.
• Neurological Protection: Methylsulfonylmethane helps to purge toxic materials and compounds that can accumulate in the brain and nervous system to eventually cause severe neurological disturbances such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
• Parasites: preliminary studies show that a MSM supplement appears to have anti-parasitic properties a number of common intestinal worms.
• Diabetes: a MSM supplement helps balance blood sugar levels and return the pancreas to normal.
The topic ‘Anyone heard of Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)?’ is closed to new replies.