Am I suffering from Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Am I suffering from Candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paperstars 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Earthb0und
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hey everyone!

I’m new here. I have not been officially diagnosed with Candida although for now I believe it is what I am suffering from. I just wanted some adivce on whether what I am suffering from could be Candida / Candida related. I am a 23 year old guy, a type 1 diabetic and I have had diabetes for 16 years.

(BE WARNED – this stuff might sound super gross)
    I have been suffering from a skin rash on my face for about a year / just over a year that seems to have slowly gotten worse? I usually get this itching sensation on my face and rapidly a red bump will appear that looks like acne or a pimple. Some of them dont have a white head sometimes one it will form one. The red bump can get so big sometimes the size of a quarter. These bumps weep a clear yellowish fluid constantly, then crust over. Sometimes, when i try to clean it up, it removes the crusted fluid over the bump and creates a wound? Sort of like exposed skin, although very small. I will sometimes get itchy red patches around my beard area, flaky dry skin.

For example, the other day I felt this really itchy burning sensation on my face. Knowing it was probably another bump forming, I ran to the bathroom. I saw a large red patch where the itching sensation was (usual) and the bump was white surrounded by red skin. Over time the bump all went red and formed a head. It seems like there are little white heads of pus within these bumps (although I find it hard to believe these could be warts).

I have visited GP’s, doctors, taken blood tests, went to supposedly the BEST dermatologist in the UK who has a good list of credentials. I was told by all of them that they do not know what I am suffering with! Fair enough, my time back home in the UK was short, the dermatologist said he usually sees patients over a course of time to pin point what the illness is and I was only able to be there for that day as i study abroad. I went to a doctor to ask about possible STDs that it could be and he seemed very doubtful saying that I would usually be feeling a burning sensation when I pee, had it have been something like herpes. I am clueless as to what this is.

The dermatologist gave me a premethrin cream as he suggested that it could be demodex mites. I had been using that recently, it seems to calm down the bumps but its not getting rid of the problem.

I’ve been starting to believe its a fungal problem with the skin on my face. I have been suffering from Athlete’s foot / jock itch for as long as i can remember. I had never really been strict about eliminating it from my system as I reach a point on anti fungal creams where life is bearable again and it seems to be gone, only to come back a week later or so.

As of two days ago, I have been using Lotrimin AF (Anti Fungal) on my face. It seems to be calming it down although my face has been itching like crazy in places where I have a red bump when I wake up!!! I have cut out carbs and sugars from my diet as of yesterday. I believe this skin problem on my face could be related to the same fungus as Athlete’s foot / jock itch or candida.

Now.. my diet. Although I am a type 1 diabetic, I have been suffering from depression since a very young age, about 8 years old. Due to this, and other issues, I turned to alcohol when I turned 18 and for the past 2 or 3 years I have been drinking a LOT. Lots of brown liquors like whisky and cognac, usually a fifth every 3 or 4 days… or maybe 3, 4, or 5 beers a night. Maybe 6 on some. I would take maybe one day off from drinking a week, if any. Its only been recently where I told myself I need to cut down, and by recently, I’m talking about 4 days ago. I haven’t drank. To me this is ridiculous as I am diabetic and need to take my health much more seriously and stop drinking but my depression gets the best of me sometimes.

So basically – I am trying to figure out what this persistent rash on my face could be? I missed so much class and social outings this semester due to the fact I have been feeling so self conscious going out in public with large red itchy oozing bumps on my face. Its just a shame because I feel I have been a prisoner to this illness and it made my last year of university so depressing.

If anyone has any advice on what this could be, or let me know if this sounds like a Candida related issue to you I would really greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! (PS – I can show u a photo of one of the bumps, but be warned, photos may be disturbing lol)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So when your liver stops detoxing properly, your body will detox via other methods, which include the skin and the lungs. Some people who have general toxicity problems detox via the lungs and develop asthma, etc. Some people detox via the skin and get a variety of skin problems. It all comes down to your liver health and its not functioning optimally right now.

The alcoholism likely damaged your liver and damaged a variety of other things such as your immune system, thyroid, adrenals, etc.

If you were to get your liver enzymes tested, they likely would be elevated.

If you were to quit drinking your skin problems would likely go away. Then if you were to spend a lot of time and money and focus on cleaning up your body, then you likely wouldn’t have any re-occurring problems. It’ll take a long time, likely a few years.

Hope this helps.

-raster

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

Type 1 diabetes is indicative of messed up gut bacteria. Your gut bacteria can get screwed up from antibiotic usage, c-section birth, not being breastfed, bad diet and a number of other phenomenon. Drinking alcohol at the rate you are describing will also destroy what was ever left of your beneficial gut bacteria.

When your gut bacteria become imbalanced pathogenic bacteria, parasites, and fungi like candida can essentially take over your digestive tract and cause you to inadequately digest food. Undigested food proteins can then enter your blood stream along with toxins that are the byproduct of fermentation of your food by pathogenic organisms. These toxins as well as undigested proteins are the cause of your skin problems.

Initially you should be able to control your skin problems by avoiding difficult to digest foods mainly gluten found in most grain products as well as in beer, and casein found in most dairy products. You may also find yourself sensitive to things like eggs, nuts, and shellfish as everyone has different sensitivities when the gut bacteria is messed up.

To fix your bacteria you will need to start taking probiotics (beneficial bacteria) as well as consuming fibers that they feed on so that they can recolonize your digestive tract and fight back the pathogenic stuff that is screwing you up. People have different opinions on how it is best to do this. My advice would be to buy a well regarded probiotic like prescript assist and start taking it along with 1 table spoon of either raw potato starch, psyllim, inulin or a combination of the above. You can also buy prebiotic fiber supplements that have combinations of different types of soluble fiber which feeds probiotic bacteria. If you tolerate this approach without getting worse skin breakouts then I would continue to increase the fiber dosage slowly and spread throughout the day until you are at around 5 tablespoons of prebiotic fiber. If you aren’t able to tolerate this approach then your pathogenic overgrowths might be more severe and you might consider taking an antifungal like thorne sf722 (can take months to fully eradicate candida), or a parasite cleanse like gaia’s para shield and restarting the probiotic and fiber a week or so later. You can also experiment with different brands of probiotics, but I have had the most success with prescript assist and natren’s healthy trinity.

Earthb0und

Thanks so much for the reply! I really appreciate it!

I am already planning a healthier and more active lifestyle. I have already been dedicating my paychecks to a healthier diet, a sacrifice I’m more than willing to make (I can’t put a pricetag on my health). SHould i still use the Lotrimin AF cream / Premethrin cream?
    -thanks for the advice too lolcandida

Earthb0und

I also wanted to ask – do I need to transition into the Candida diet immediately? Or do I ween myself onto it? Right now I have been having no carbs or sugar, just veggies and meat. (I’ve been eating organic hot dogs – no hormones etc. with vegetables like boiled cauliflower, raw cucumbers etc.)

I’ve just been craving carbs really bad. I feel like its such torture! Is there any alternatives or recipe pages someone can direct me to? How long do I need to be on the Candida diet if i need to be?

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

I am not a health professional and could totally wrong, but the itching bumps that resemble pimples remind me of what I recently developed, which is a condition called folliculitis. Several doctors and dermatologists have diagnosed me with this and it is a relatively common condition so I am hesitant to say that this is what you have since your dermatologist was unaware. It is incredibly itchy, and some do not form a head like you said, but mine do not weep/crust over, the only time it has is when it burst from my apple cider vinegar compress so I am not sure. It can be caused by a bacterial, viral or fungal infection and can commonly affect men in the beard area too.

They suspect the one I have is bacterial, so what works for me might not work for you. From forums and personal success, I found raw apple cider vinegar compress to be the best but others have found success with just regular white or apple cider vinegar. I would dilute the solution to 50/50 since it burns, and leave the compress on for 30 mins, you can try up to 1hr. I found it helped ease the itching and inflammation. There are a lot of suggested remedies if you browse Curezone/Earth Clinic specifically for folliculitis.

For carbs you could try to occasionally have pure buckwheat noodles or experiment with coconut flour, teff flour, etc. There’s also zucchini noodles, kelp noodles, shirataki noodles (though I hear they taste like nothing) or you could try cauliflower rice or cauliflower mashed potatoes?

Here’s a link to the safe food list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Am I suffering from Candida?’ is closed to new replies.