AlexAlgebra's Version of Granola Recipe

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast AlexAlgebra's Version of Granola Recipe

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I am thoroughly convinced Alex’s Granola version is the best, I personally add raw coconut pieces and 1/2 cup of coconut oil (instead of 1/4 cup):

Granola for Everyone! (candida-friendly, gluten free, soy free, sugar free, nut free, corn free)

2 cups oat bran
    3/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
    alcohol-free vanilla
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    cinnamon
    nutmeg
    ginger
    1/4 cup coconut oil
    Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Melt the coconut oil by boiling a small amount of water in a pot and putting the oil in a small glass dish in the water.

Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.

Bake on a baking sheet at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes. Enjoy!

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

At what point in the diet can you start eating this?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

As soon as you’ve successfully tested all the ingredients. You would generally test buckwheat or oat bran at two weeks into the diet, and the other about a week later.

KRE1983
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 15

This is really good!!!!! I make a batch and put it in a large mason jar, keep it in the refrigerator. It is so nice to wake up and NOT have to cook anything! Thank you so much AlexAlgebra!

Also I’d like to note that the first time I made it, I used oat bran FLOUR (not having seen oat bran at the store, I assumed they were the same). It actually wasn’t that bad! Some of the coconut oil (I ended up adding closer to 1/2c as goingnatural suggested) caused the flour to bind together so when I stirred it, there were granola-like clumps. This time around I made it correctly and it still tastes just as delicious!

I go heavy on the cinnamon (yum!) might add some cardamom next time, as I’m a sucker for that spice! I enjoy it with a mixture of 1 part kefir to 2 parts coconut or hemp milk.

Thanks again!
    Kelsey

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Alex, your recipe is amazing. I’ve been loving it. I don’t have the alcohol-free vanilla or the ginger, but it’s amazing even w/o it!

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

What brand of oat bran?

UnaLynch
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Do you have to soak this before eating ??

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Thanks, y’all!!! I have actually made this recipe even BETTER than before!!

If you add a few big spoons of coconut manna to it, they clump up some and make “granola” chunks that are deelish. I also have stared adding a couple of spoons of hemp protein powder to it, which sweetens it a touch and gives it a new flavor that is less oat-y.

I use Bob’s Red Mill oat bran, I don’t soak before eating (although a lot of people think that all grains should be soaked and that might be better…but I am lazy and this diet stresses me out enough as it is so I don’t :p But if you have trouble, you could try soaking first.)

I think it would be safe to eat this probably a couple of months in, once you’ve slowly added all of the ingredients into your diet.

It’s also quite good with coconut or hemp milk added, like “real” cereal 😀

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We need pictures!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘AlexAlgebra's Version of Granola Recipe’ is closed to new replies.