After some answers – newbie

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions After some answers – newbie

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kculver 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Aus084
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and also new to Candida (I had no idea what it was until last week). I am on day 6 of diet due to intestinal problems and other symptoms for the past 5 weeks including intestinal spasms, belching, fatigue, constipation, new food intolerances and brain fog. This all came about after taking three courses of antibiotics (2 for uti and the other from suspected stomach bug).

I have diagnosed myself after connecting all of the dots. I have seen 3 doctors which have brushed me off especially as I have no oral thrush symptoms. One even said I wouldn’t have an intestinal overgrowth as only people with cancer and aids suffer from it!!??

My questions are –
    *I have been bloating after meals (esp with vegetables) AFTER starting the cleanse…normal??
    *I have an on and off feeling like I have a lump in my throat and at the same time, I get a dull ear ache..has anyone else had this?
    * I am on day 6 on diet and have woken up to a UTI..is this a part of the die off or would you say the diet isn’t working??

I appreciate you taking the time to read this 🙂
    I am a bit of a mess from all of this and I have lost faith in my local doctors!!

t-rudge
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 11

Sorry to hear you’re going through this, I think the hardest thing about dealing with Candida is that ultimately you have to figure things out mostly on your own. (Although forums like this help TONS)

I don’t know what it is about doctors and dealing with Candida, I read a post somewhere else how much of a scam Candida overgrowth is and it’s meant to make you spend money on useless diets and supplements.

I consider it ironic since going to the doctors has cost me around $500 out of pocket, I got no answers and two anti-anxiety prescriptions and a promise that I could get anti-depressants in two months if I didn’t feel better by then. They didn’t even consider the fact that some of us may not want to go on anti-depressants and be hooked on drugs for who knows how long. (Also I didn’t want to risk developing any more symptoms due to side effects).

I think this past month has been horrible for me because I was also given antibiotics for H.Pilory (2 different kinds for 14 days) and it may have aggravated what was already there.

1. I have been bloating after meals (esp with vegetables) AFTER starting the cleanse…normal??
    Candida and Candida die-off has a TON of side effects, I’d suggest doing some research on your symptoms because candida and the die-off can manifest in different ways from one person to the next. (Mine was mostly brain fog, severe fatigue and depression, I have other physical symptoms but I’m usually good at putting up with those).
    2. I have an on and off feeling like I have a lump in my throat and at the same time, I get a dull ear ache..has anyone else had this?
    This could be multiple things, I don’t know if entirely related to candida or not, I went through the antibiotic course for H.Pilory and when I was researching that I read quite a few people talk about having a lump in their throats. Do you suffer from acid reflux? Did they check your Thyroid?
    3. I am on day 6 on diet and have woken up to a UTI..is this a part of the die off or would you say the diet isn’t working??
    I haven’t experience this but I’ve been dealing with white tongue since this started. As for the diet and this being die-off, it could be. I made a huge mistake when I started the diet because in my rush to get better I went cold turkey on everything, I felt good for 12 hours after cutting sugars and carbs but within one day I felt like I was back at the beginning of my antibiotic course. I didn’t do the research and I think I’m paying for it now. It’s important to prep yourself before the diet through detoxing, chelating and even gradually giving up sugars and carbs.

The general advice I hear for suspected die-off symptoms is to ease off on what you are doing and help your body detox all the stuff candida is pumping into your body. I’m on week 2 of my diet and I did a 3 day detox last week after I learned about it, I felt bad the remaining of this week until yesterday I read about Molybdenum/Milk Thistle(to help your liver) and Ashwagandha(for anxiety), I felt a difference yesterday and today.

I suggest to try and figure out what the best and least shocking approach is for you and to not get discouraged.

Also, I am not as knowledgeable as other people on the forums so take this with a grain of salt. There are other people on the forums that are very knowledgeable so it’s worth to keep coming back.

Sorry for the long reply and I hope some of it helps.

Aus084
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Thank you for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

What I find confusing the most is not knowing if it’s a die off, if the diets not working or of I have some other underlying health problem.

I have made an appt to see a naturopath. Hopefully she can point me into the right direction to wellness.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The bloating is likely going to be a long term symptom that comes and goes as well as the UTI’s from my experience with other forum members that are on here. You basically have to clean out your system and reverse your health problems for these to go away. But as far as what are these digestive problems you suffer from, we don’t know what is going on!

It could be a combination of a variety of things. One of the major ones that most candida sufferers have is lack of stomach acid:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

Another part of your symptoms could be related to liver health:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6588_Many-of-your-symptoms-are-liver-symptoms.aspx

Do you have a detox plan?

The lump in throat could be dehydration, thyroid related issues, strept throat, mono, etc. We don’t know what it is but its best to get professional help when figuring out all of this.

-raster

t-rudge
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 11

I feel your frustration, it drives me a little nuts not knowing 100% what is what. Another thing to take into consideration is that die-off can also be the effects of detoxifying your body.

I read that even people that aren’t suffering from candida overgrowth go through this when they cut out processed foods.

I personally had an extremely bad diet where I only ate take out day after day and never restricted what I ate. All that food comes with additives and chemicals that I’m sure come with withdrawal symptoms like any other chemical.

Kculver
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

9 months of double ear infections and sinus issues lead to 7 antibiotics and didn’t take probiotics regularly and ate a high sugar diet.

Week of 9 of my candida journey… My die off has shown in bad nausea, fatigue, and slightly dizzy, it comes when I’m doing things right but I agree it’s got to be gradual… For the first 30 days I ate minimal sugars- such as 87% cocoa. Now I’m off ALL sugar except a pinch of stevia in tea, and I found a Colon Cleanse helped tremendously with die off symptoms. But 3 days later, die off symptoms creeped back up. Going again tomorrow for a colonic.

The ear ache- oh do I know what you mean. It’s yeast in your mucus that’s clogging your estachian tubes from releasing. I found a massage therapist that knew how to open up my tubes by pressing behind my ear lobe in that groove, in a slow hard press to get them to drain. Press back and down your neck and it’ll get them to drain. You’ll feel it going down your throat.

Probiotics take time to build up in your system. I started healthy trinity and am starting to feel stronger and less like the sun is burning me when I’m outside.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘After some answers – newbie’ is closed to new replies.