Advice requested

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice requested

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

A year and a half ago, my immunologist told me to go on the yeast-free diet. She said it would help heal my leaky-gut which was causing me to be allergic to almost everything. I didn’t start the diet until 6 weeks ago, because I was very busy and didn’t want to live without caffeine and sugar.

So, 6 weeks into the diet now. I have noticed a lot of die-off symptoms that pass in a week a two, replaced by a new crop of symptoms that last another few weeks. From what I’ve read, this is normal.

My concern is that I’m 6 weeks into the “strict” candida diet as outlined on this site, and am still having severe digestion problems.

What I eat (obviously not all of these every day, but this is my general food list):
    – organic collards, kale, bell peppers, onion, garlic, squash, celery, avocado
    – sea salt, curry powder, cinnamon, stevia, xylitol, lemon, lime
    – eggs
    – coconut oil, olive oil and organic butter, organic unsweetened coconut milk
    – coconut flour, oat bran, quinoa, brown/wild rice, shredded unsweetened coconut
    – pumpkin seeds, walnuts, macadamia nuts
    – multivitamin, vitamins B complex, C, D, a powerful probiotic supplement, antihistamine, magnesium, iodine, phosphorus
    – grapefruit seed extract (10 drops, 3x day)

My symptoms at Week 6 are:
    – severe bloating and gas
    – severely distended stomach immediately after eating
    – either diarrhea or constipation
    – stomach/intestinal pain (sharp, not localized)
    – lethargy and weakness
    – decreased libido

I try to stay very active every day; either walks or runs every day, plenty of sleep, plenty of water.

I thought after 8 weeks of the strict diet, most people are able to start reintroducing dairy, gluten, sugar and caffeine slowly. Should I be doing/eating something else? Your input is very appreciated, as I’ve been laid off and have no health insurance and very little money now.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

dforbreakfast wrote: I thought after 8 weeks of the strict diet, most people are able to start reintroducing dairy, gluten, sugar and caffeine slowly.

This sentence made me chuckle. Sorry.

From talk on the forum, 6 months to 2 years is the best people can generally expect. And even then, if you eat sugar laden foods, it will likely come back.

Many on the forum follow a stricter food list that the website.
    Perhaps ask Able for the stricter food list. Theer are several foods you eat that are potentially problematic.

Personally speaking, I did not see any improvement until I cut out brown rice.

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

I have been in contact with Able today, thank you! He gave me some pointers on foods to eliminate (brown/wild rice, organic butter, nuts, xylitol). Hopefully that will at least stop the terrible stomach pain. It was so bad this morning I was having a dream that rats were eating my organs and I woke up from the pain. 🙁

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period to get over candida overgrowth. Seeds and nuts contain molds which can cause constipation, IBS, and other digestive problems. Quinoa, rice, and high starch foods can also feed the candida and set back your recovery.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Advice requested’ is closed to new replies.