Active Lifestyle on Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Active Lifestyle on Candida Diet

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  doublek 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BeerMe
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

So i found out i am most likely suffering from Candida a few months ago since it perfectly fits a long list of reoccurring symptoms i had for the last couple of years.

After a not so strict first attempt that already helped, i now want to try again using this programm and beat it once and for all.

But i am struggeling to fit the diet into my lifestyle. I’m 22, 6’2 tall and weight 75 kg. I go to the gym for weightlifting about 5 times a week and do cardio 2-3 times a week. On top of that i am a student with a limited budget.
    After realizing foods that i considered non-problematic and consumed almost daily like peanuts, tuna or beans are supporting my candida i am at a loss for what i can eat.
    My daily caloric intake is probably around 2500-3000kcal and i am unsure of how to meet that on this diet and with a student budget.

Any advice or experience from people with similar issues would be really helpful.

And somewhat unrelated, are proteinpowder or other supplements like fishoil okay to eat in later stages of the candida diet?

Thanks for any replies

Pimp-Leff
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

BeerMe I feel ur pain. I’m 46 years old, about 79 kg, and am an avid in-line speed skater. I’ve been combing the web for information on Candida and athletes to no avail. The info is rather scant and conflicting. In short, no one seems to know shit! I’m at a bit of a cross-roads. The naturopath I see seems to think that the heavy carb pre and post drinks have nothing to do with the Candida. I’m on a sports nutrition regimen from her. Her idea is that my body is burning those carbs up befor anything like Candida can feed off it. She also thinks that I don’t have Candida due to the ozone I use before working out. But I’m kinda thinking the pre and post drinks are affecting it and it seems to be getting worse. I have problems with energy, Brain fog and yeast in stool. I seem also to be getting weaker and slower on the skates. Very frustrating. On the outside I look fine and in good health. So some people are wondering “wtf?”. So I dunno what to do. It would appear that I’d have to just quit the sport and training for a while till this shit clears up. Something I don’t want to do, but more and more it looks like that’s what I have to do. I don’t know. I’m pissed and frustrated.

Yours,

pimp-leff

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

I know its tough to be on this diet. I work out regularly too. Remember you can eat as much meat as you want, so getting protein shouldn’t be a problem. What is a problem is carbohydrates, you need to have some for energy. I going to tell you right now, you can’t eliminate carbs, so don’t even try. You can still things like bread and rice in smaller amounts. But anything that’s high is sugar is off limits (ie. desserts, candy, most fruits).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Active Lifestyle on Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.