Acid reflux Warning: Make sure you do not have gastritis before taking HCL betaine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Acid reflux Warning: Make sure you do not have gastritis before taking HCL betaine

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

newhope
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

I just wanted to let everyone know that I didnt know I had gastritis and I could have created an ulcer by taking HCL. If you have acid reflux don’t assume it is just low stomach acid, it could be the H pylori bacteria drilling holes in your stomach. I recommend an upper endoscopy and healing the gut with Dlimonene and DGL and avoid protease until the stomach lining is healed and can handle the HCL. Hope this could help someone.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I have mild gastritis but no hpylori. I have mild reflux caused by sibo and yeast. I take hcl and protease because I can’t digest food at all right now. But I do have to heal my gut

newhope
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

I would recommend a week juice fasting with lots of cabbage juice (it contains the vitamin U that heals the gut) and taking DGL, Aloe, Slippery elm and Marshmallow root. D-limonene has also helped me loads. Since you will be juice fasting you can take a small break from the HCL and protease. If one week is too long, maybe try three days. My gastritis is mild now, I eat very little protein to avoid an overproduction of HCl, but this new diet has made me anemic and Iron supplements is like a feast for candida albicans. This digestive stuff is like a tricky equation that I am determined to resolve one day!

moochpb

Digestion problems are awful. I’m 130 pound male at 5 ft 10, athletic with like 4 percent body fat so I have to eat mest. I’ve added alot of bone broths that help and contain chicken that is easier to digest. I have an enzyme with dgl and marshmallow root but it might be making me dizzy. Something I added is making me dizzy. I just eat veggies and some meat. I’m also blood type a that says I have low stomach acid. Also being on ppis and alot of tums before killed me

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I had debilitating gastritis at the beginning of the diet. What helped me most was ACV.

moochpb

acv gives me more reflux which is crazy. It has a lot of miracle stuff though.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

newhope;43989 wrote: I could have created an ulcer by taking HCL.

If you take HCl, how can that ever have any effect on the stomach? Doesn’t the stomach produce far, far more HCl by itself than you could ever take orally? After all, HCl production is the stomach’s main task…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Acid reflux Warning: Make sure you do not have gastritis before taking HCL betaine’ is closed to new replies.