a few questions, inc. liquid amino's

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions a few questions, inc. liquid amino's

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KitchenWitch 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KitchenWitch
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone my 1st post but candida is not at all new to me.
    Was wondering if any of this is anything to do with having long term candida..
    I have had acid stomach problems and think this is probably a lack of stomach acid,( as when I have added betain hydrochloride I have less probs digesting), also, stomach does not move everything round quick enough, (for which domperidone helps).. any idea?
    Also… can you have liquid amino’s on this anti candida diet?
    I am cutting down on fat as have heard this hinders candida escaping from the body. It s a hard one to cut out, so slow progress, and am doing the usual candida diet and much more raw food and having some success, but my longterm challenge seems to be willpower, as have tried this basic candida diet on & off for years but slowly get better at it each time. Even the falls of the wagon tend to be more wholesome each time & am less concerned with kicking myself about it, just keep calm & carry on!, so you do improve over the years as you keep at it!.. with me it means tripping up many times, then getting up & trying again, but as somebody here said, you do need to take candida seriously (even if the docs dont) as when u dont you get ill again, ..& again.. & again!.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello.

You stated that you have ‘acid stomach problems’ … and you’re right about the cause, it is caused by a lack of stomach acids. You might want to try a product called Digestive Grape Bitters, some health food stores have it, but if it’s not in your area you can find it on the Internet. The bitter herbs in this mixture stimulate the receptors on the back of the tongue which then stimulates a nerve that in turn increases the stomach acid. Since all you really need is the stimulation effect, you don’t need to take the full recommended dosage shown on most bottles. Half a dropper full on the tongue is plenty enough to do the job. In fact, taking too large a dose often will cause the berberine in it to kill the flora in your system. The taste isn’t exactly pleasant, but you can start off with mixing a half dropper in a little water if you need to, and you’ll actually get used to the taste after a while. A couple of pills a day of TMG, or trimethylglycine, will not only increase acid in the stomach, but it’ll also protect against deposits in the liver.

A lack of stomach acid, along with a couple of other Candida-friendly changes in your system, is actually a cause of the overgrowth of stomach yeast. By the way, I assume you’re working to build the flora in your system. A good community of the good bacteria will also increase your stomach acidity.

For me, focusing on keeping a good level of stomach acidity, building and supporting a good supply of flora, and of course staying away from sugar and simple carbs were the keys to curing the Candida and preventing it from reoccurring.

Be careful about how much fat and oil you cut out of your diet. If I were going to do that, it would be the meat fats that I’d cut out (that is if I ate red meat) and leave the good oils like coconut and olive oil in the diet.

About the aminos; I remember reading a post by Hope in which she talked about using Bragg Fluid Aminos in place of soy sauce.

KitchenWitch
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Many Many thanks for your help, will look for the bitters but in the meantime that reminded me of something my mum bought me – Centuary
    (copied — ‘Centaury is an herb that has been used by traditional healers there for centuries. Used in making vermouth and other bitter, digestive liqueurs, Centaury enhances the production of gastric secretions and is an excellent herb for stimulating the appetite and improving digestion, especially when recovering from a long illness. It has been used as a digestive aid, appetite stimulant and a laxative, as well as a general tonic and blood purifier.’)
    yes liquid aminos are good instead of soy sauce, & Yes I do have probiotics but do sometimes forget! Many thanks again,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘a few questions, inc. liquid amino's’ is closed to new replies.