3 Months in and losing hope, Advice? Support?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 3 Months in and losing hope, Advice? Support?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ace 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ace
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hey Guys,

I’ve been on the Candida diet for about 3 months now and just when I think I’m getting better, I’ll eat something that I don’t know all the ingredients to and my symptoms will return, albeit not as bad, but still super frustrating.

I’ve been adhering strictly to the strict diet for 3 months. Taking probiotics (starting with 10 billion, then up to 20. I recently switched to a 50billion culture probiotic and experienced some pretty aggressive die off, but that’s getting better everyday, especially with taking milk thistle and molybdenum). I also have been drinking 2-3 cups of Pau D’Arco tea daily, in addition to taking around 1000mg of caprylic acid per day.

I knew this would probably take a long time, but as the days and months go by all I just want to be better all ready. Is it normal for it to take this long? I’ve definitely been feeling better, most of the symptoms are clearing up, but what troubles me is that it doesn’t take much to get back to feeling super bloated and gross.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Can anyone share there story of how long it took to overcome their infection? I was experiencing symptoms for a year before I figured out it was candida, so I’m guessing I had a pretty bad infection. Just looking for some support and advice.

Thanks in advance!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Ace,
    You really need to stop eating things that you didn’t make. There’s very little prepackaged food, if any, that we can eat. Be prepared, bring your meals with you. If your going to set yourself back with foods you shouldn’t have then that should be your choice, and you should pick some darn good foods.

Do you know that the forum has a stricter diet then the website?

Here’s a link to the info:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Email Able900 if you would like the actual diet and protocol.

One thing I can see from what you’ve listed you may not be taking enough Caprylic Acid. Are you taking coconut oil?

One year of experiencing symptoms is nothing, I went 15 years before treating it.

good luck.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery time period to get over candida overgrowth. If you want to get better faster, you should consider consulting a naturopathic doctor.

-raster

Ace
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks guys. I’m definitely using coconut oil too, around 4-5 tablespoons a day.

I’m going to hit up Able900 for the diet/protocol, thanks for the tip! I may also consult a naturopath.

6-18 months, wow. Let’s hope it’s closer to 6 but I’m willing to stick it out as long as it takes.

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘3 Months in and losing hope, Advice? Support?’ is closed to new replies.