3 and a half months in…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 3 and a half months in…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sezzle
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Have any of you guys had the same experience as me? My main symptoms are wobbliness when hungry (which is currently every three or four hours no matter how much protein I eat), IBS type symptoms, anxiety, constant fatigue, brain fog and post nasal drip. This has been going on for about 15 years, but got worse this year so I went to a nutritionist who suggested a low GL diet, but it made me more wobbly, not less. I had a stool test which showed positive for candida (1+, if that means anything to you) and seeing that my symptoms fitted, I started the diet and herbal supplements as recommended on the cd website. Before this my GP had referred me to an endocrinologist, and 5 months later I got an appointment. He told me last week that he didn’t think I could have candida as you need to find it with a camera and it’s very rare! He didn’t seem to have any better ideas and has recommended some more fasting blood tests to test for hypoglycaemia and a coeliac test, though I’ve been off gluten since I started the diet. This was 3 and a half months ago and I feel just as awful and even more wobbly than before. It says on the site it usually takes 2 months but can take 6, but reading on the forum even that might be optimistic! So: has it taken this long for any of you? Do I just need to be patient? Or is it time to try a naturopath or other remedies as suggested here?: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/ Or might the endocrinologist be right and it’s something else? If so, what?

Thank you!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well first of all, I would consider getting positive diagnosis:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/candida-immune-complexes-in-blood-education-57/

If you want to address all of your symptoms together then I would go to a naturopath who can treat you all at once. The diet doesn’t address your symptoms by itself because not everything is caused by yeast. Additionally you might have other problems that have not been addressed and this is where an ND can figure out whats going on.

Also the supplements you take (or method you choose) are the x-factor in terms of how much better you get, so the diet by itself won’t reverse these problems. I would look at the diet as the conduit to getting better but not the whole infrastructure.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘3 and a half months in…’ is closed to new replies.