20 years of living with it…

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals 20 years of living with it…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LolloRosso 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

noroomforlogic
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I am so relieved to finally have an idea of what this thing is that’s been wrong with me for most of my life. I have been suffering from Candida for almost twenty years and though I am recently only self diagnosed I have already seen a dramatic change in my symptoms over the past few months thanks in part to diet change and homeopathic remedies.

Last fall I decided to go vegetarian and it was doubly the best and worst decision I could have ever made. The trifecta diet of cheese, mushrooms, and bread was the catalyst for gastrointestinal mayhem. After four months of the veggie diet and a month of stress from the big five areas of life (marriage, work, family, personal, finance) I had the worst outbreak I’ve ever had (spots in the front and a milky colored discharge from the back).

The first time I had a major external outbreak was in 1994 when I was 15, though I’ve had an external sensitivity to ocean water since the time I hit adolescence. My parents had sold our house before closing on our new place and I had to live with my grandmother for a few months. I lesion popped up on my inner thigh which left about a three inch scar. I was embarrassed because of the location and didn’t ask for help at the time and since this was all before I was sexually active I was lost as to what this was or where it came from.

It was also around this time that I noticed that sugar made it very painful to urinate. It became apparent that alcohol also had this affect on me when i got into college. It cropped up occasionally in high school (I only dated one girl in high school so she thought nothing of it) but through out college I was self-conscience and didn’t date much because of it. I was tested numerous times but none of the doctors knew what the spots were. The closest any doctor could get to a diagnosis was geriatric diabetes or maple syrup urine disease (from what I’ve read the only ailments that cause your urine to have the consistency of glue).

Though I am self diagnosed I think the source of the problem was an anti-fungal regiment my former dermatologist had me on of Diflucan and Lotrimen when I was twelve years old. I have soft nails which she thought may have been a fungus. I attempted to retrieve my medical records but the hospital where my doctor was located closed it’s doors and destroyed it’s back log of medical records (it was over twenty years ago that I was on the medication).

I recently had a stool test for yeast done which supposedly came back negative. The doctor told me I could seek a second opinion if I wanted to. This has been the reaction I have had from almost every doctor I have visited since I first experienced symptoms.

The symptoms I have had most of my life include…

* excessive fatigue
    * cravings for alcohol
    * anxiety
    * rectal itching
    * cravings for sweets
    * inability to think clearly or concentrate
    * hyperactivity
    * mood swings
    * hyperactivity
    * itching
    * eczema
    * depression
    * sinus inflammation
    * dizziness
    * poor memory
    * persistent cough
    * low sex drive
    * muscle weakness
    * irritability
    * learning difficulties
    * sensitivity to fragrances and/or other chemicals
    * cognitive impairment
    * sore throat

I have also been prone to sinus infections and hemorrhoids since I was in my mid twenties. Again, no doctor made this connection. I realized that if the affected areas on my skin were tender and prone to bleeding then the same thing was probably happening on the inside.

I have been sticking to the Candida Diet pretty strictly for the past few months but I’m convinced that I will be dealing with this ailment for a very long time if not for the rest of my life.

Thank you so much for all of the information provided here. I am so grateful to have found the website and am doing my part to spread the word of healing through diet.

LolloRosso
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

From what I have been reading, Drs don’t want to know because if everyone followed the diet, they’d be out of a job.

I hope you can get through the first year and reclaim your life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘20 years of living with it…’ is closed to new replies.