10. After consuming alcohol I wake up next morning swollen to the point of clothes will not fit, rings imbedded into fingers
Xanax works by slowing down the movement of chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced. This results in a reduction in nervous tension (anxiety).
Drinking alcohol while taking Xanax can increase the effects of alcohol.
Some Side Effects of Xanax:
* unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;
* depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
* hyperactivity, agitation, hostility, hallucinations;
* feeling light-headed, fainting;
* seizure (convulsions);
* urinating less than usual or not at all;
* muscle twitching, tremor; or
* jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
* drowsiness, dizziness, feeling irritable;
* amnesia or forgetfulness, trouble concentrating;
* sleep problems (insomnia);
* muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination, slurred speech;
* blurred vision;
* nausea, vomiting, constipation, appetite or weight changes;
* dry or watery mouth, increased sweating; or
* loss of interest in sex.