Moving my post from the other thread into this thread as to avoid excess:
Mercury Poisoning Symptoms Are Often Mistaken For Candida Yeast
Most people with mercury poisoning or other metal poisoning think they have candida. Maybe they do, because candida yeast is an immune system reaction to heavy metals!
Mercury poisoning symptoms come and go and are usually not constant. It affects everyone differently depending on his or her personal physiology. Overall, a person may have long periods of great productivity in their lives followed by periods of being nonproductive. As the poisoning progresses, these periods of productivity become shorter and fewer in-between. Poisoning sets in slowly and progresses through levels of increasing dysfunction. Candida will absorb it’s weight in mercury and iron and is now generally recognized as an immune response to heavy metal poisoning. I also suspect aluminum, and lead cause a problem as well, but I haven’t proven it yet. But I do know this, if you have high mercury levels and you don’t fix this problem, you will never qet rid of your candida.
Dr. J. Trowbridge has written in his book “The Yeast Syndrome,” “that some doctors specializing in candida treatment have reported to him that they have discovered clinically that 98% of their patients with chronic candida also had mercury toxicity“.
At Michael Biamonte’s health clinic, testing the mercury levels in his patients with various illnesses, Michael discovered that 84% of his patients with candida had elevated mercury levels, and that they were 60% higher than normal. The exact same numbers held for patients with parasites that seem to go hand in hand with candida. 86% of his patients with Epstein Barr Virus had mercury levels elevated by 68%. For those with chemical sensitivities, 85% were 70% elevated, and with chronic urinary tract infections, 82% were 68% elevated. Most other conditions were much lower.
Recently the Environmental Protection Agency said, “One in every six women of childbearing age has enough mercury in their bloodstream to cause neurological damage to their unborn children.”
Mercury accumulation levels in females are 2:1 over males. It accumulates in the central nervous system, the endocrine system, and every major organ, as well as the body’s soft tissues at large.
It disrupts the pituitary, thyroid, hypothalamus and adrenal gland. These disruptions help bring on fatigue, mind fog, short term memory loss, concentration problems, and headaches. People can lose their sense of balance. Women can develop early menopause and endodemitriosis from loss of proper hormone regulation.
Mental mercury poisoning symptoms can include
- Depression with fatigue and a lack of motivation
- Feelings of hopelessness, fear, or impending doom
- Personal relationships can become impaired
- Becoming shy and avoiding social relationships
- Restlessness, loss of self control, and poor judgment
- Intelligence can deteriorate as you become dull and slow thinking
- Memory problems from lack of concentration
- Periods of no dreaming activity or dreams become black and white
- Irritability, excitability, fearfulness, restlessness, melancholy, depression, weakness, timidity, fatigue, indecisiveness, and headaches can all be symptoms at one time or another
- Easily upset and embarrassed
- Quarrelsome and neglect work and family
- Loss of patience
- The classic candida symptom of brain fog
Early physical mercury poisoning symptoms can include:
- Dry Skin
- Ringing in the ears
- Daytime drowsiness
- Loss of appetite
- Cold hands and feet
- Digestive problems
- Increasing sensitivity to light
- Profuse sweating or don’t sweat at all
- Reddening of the skin, especially face and neck
- Tendency towards diarrhea alternating with constipation
- Athletes feet and toenail fungus
- Hair becomes dry, brittle, and thin
- Receding gum lines that sometimes are spongy or bleed easily
- Loose teeth, excessive salivation and bad breath
- Loss of sense of smell and hearing
- A feeling of tightness around the head
- Heart racing for no apparent reason
- Women may experience profuse menses with abdominal pains
- A sensation of rawness in the vaginal tissues
- Puffiness of the face and legs
- The biological clock gets thrown out of whack as a person can shift from an early bird to a night owl
Organ health and mercury poisoning symptoms can include:
- Mercury can affect the thyroid gland, usually under performing.
You can test thyroid function by taking your temperature in the morning before you get out of bed. Leave the thermometer in place for at least 5 minutes. If the temperature is less than 97.5 degrees, there are problems with the thyroid regardless of hormone tests. Another indicator for women is the blood color during menstruation or if menstruation will not stop, which is known as spotting. It should be bright red, brownish indicates low thyroid levels caused by a deficiency of iodine in most cases.
- Excessive urination. More than 2.5 liters or more than 5 or 6 times a day.
- Sub-clinical adrenal function. Symptoms consist of weakness, fatigue, depression, weight loss, hypoglycemia, anxiety, and low blood pressure.
- Mercury also interferes with the body’s ability to regulate glucose. This can be recognized by feeling tired 2 or 3 hours after a meal and a sweet snack seems to solve the problem for a while.
- It interferes with immune system function. You get sick more often and the sickness is more prolonged or serious. Recurrent bronchitis is a classic example. Increased allergies, asthma, and other respiratory complaints can be common.
- Problems metabolizing alcohol, which leads to feeling bad after a drink or two.
- The enzymes used by the body for detoxification become impaired and the body quits detoxifying itself. The victim becomes more sensitive to chemicals, air quality and foods.
- It interferes with the oxygenation of the blood and rapid breathing and shyness can appear for no apparent reason.
- You bruise easily and bleeding can be profuse when cut.
- Body odor that smells colostrum like or milky sweet.
- After having a bowel movement you feel like you are not done and have not passed the whole stool yet you are unable to go.
- Twitching of the eyelids, followed by tremors in the arms, lips, fingers, and lastly–the legs.
- Inability to focus the eyes followed by the inability to move them to look at objects. The person moves their head instead.
- Acrodynia in children is rare but is caused by mercury poisoning.
- Chronic yeast and candida infections
Many of these mercury-poisoning symptoms are just like chronic yeast or candida, and often the patient misdiagnoses themselves. Unless of course she most definitely has a vaginal yeast infection. Candida and yeast will actually absorb their weight in mercury molecule. In doing so it binds the mercury from entering the blood stream. This function is an immune response to mercury.
We know candida also attaches itself to the iron molecule and uses it as a means of travel. Any excess must be removed from the body because of this or you will not get well. Bad bacteria and viruses also use excess iron to reproduce and survive.
Most people associate mercury poisoning with the silver metal amalgam dental fillings that were in widespread use up until recently. A great amount of attention has been focused on autism and the mercury found in vaccines and for good reason. Cases of autism spiked, and have continued at almost epidemic rates since 1991, 2 years after the introduction of the MMR vaccine and the usage of thimerosal (mercury) as its preservative. The flu vaccine is loaded with mercury as well.
Thimerosal was and is used in many products as a preservative. Antiseptic gels, contact lens solutions, hemorrhoid creams, lubricating gels, and vaginal contraceptives. Fluorescent lights contain a high amount of mercury and if you are around one when the glass tube is broken, you may have breathed the resulting gas. Red ink used for tattoos contains mercury sulfide as the coloring agent. Tuna, swordfish, shellfish, Atlantic salmon, and shark are all loaded with high mercury levels. Some other sources are found in environmental air pollution or acid rain from coal fired power plant emissions, etc. The point is, exposure can be a common occurrence for many of us, and almost all people that suffer from chronic or systemic candida, have high mercury levels.
You must get rid of the mercury if you ever hope to get rid of the candida, there’s no way around it.