Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ducktorwho  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2011 4:20:15 AM(UTC)
ducktorwho

Groups: Registered

Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Modified from http://www.elanaspantry.com/pumpkin-pie-muffins/

1.5 cups almond meal (used Trader Joe's)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, pinch of cloves)
2 tsp oil (used olive)
3 Tbsp vegetable glycerin (or more stevia)
2 eggs
1.25 cup canned pumpkin (increase to 1.5 cups if omitting glycerin)
1/2 tsp NuNaturals vanilla creme stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
2. In a separate bowl mix oil, glycerin, eggs, pumpkin, stevia, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
4. Place paper liners in cupcake pan or grease well.
5. Scoop batter into pan or liners. Batter will not rise much, so fill almost to top.
6. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
7. Cool for 2-3 hours.

Serving Size: Makes 9 Muffins
Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:57:39 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 721 time(s) in 595 post(s)
This is ridicously good and I recommend to anyone! This is the best tasting thing I can have during the diet other than guacamole.

Also, instead of muffins, try making bread out of this...it just comes out so much moister and better!

One suggestion is to try half almond meal and half coconut flour (per the recipe) and the bread comes out a little bit better tasting for some reason.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:18:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Lauren  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:11:23 AM(UTC)
Lauren

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Can you give me links to the items you buy. For example I went to the NuNaturals website to find the vanilla stevia you mentioned but I could not find it. Do you get these ingredients at a health food store?
Offline MyButterflyEffect  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:49:20 AM(UTC)
MyButterflyEffect

Woman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've made this recipe multiple times! Thanks for posting it!

-Lauren: I've saved a lot of money buying most of my stuff on Iherb.com -Its kind of like the Amazon of natural products. Shipping is free on orders over $20 and they fave lots of sales and free samples. The Nunaturals is on there. I have a $5 off your first order code if your interested.
Offline Lauren  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:59:54 PM(UTC)
Lauren

MyButterflyEffect wrote:
I've made this recipe multiple times! Thanks for posting it!

-Lauren: I've saved a lot of money buying most of my stuff on Iherb.com -Its kind of like the Amazon of natural products. Shipping is free on orders over $20 and they fave lots of sales and free samples. The Nunaturals is on there. I have a $5 off your first order code if your interested.

Thank you! This seems like a good website. Though the things I need are out of stock. A code would be great. I will place an order as soon as the items are available. Thanks again.

Offline Lauren  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:03:34 PM(UTC)
Lauren

Can you find sugar free canned pumpkin. Right now my greatest struggle is finding ingredients that are sugar free. Thanks for the website but is there another website that I can check that will have this item without sugar? Thanks, Lauren
Offline MyButterflyEffect  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:09:13 PM(UTC)
MyButterflyEffect

Woman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Lauren wrote:
Can you find sugar free canned pumpkin. Right now my greatest struggle is finding ingredients that are sugar free. Thanks for the website but is there another website that I can check that will have this item without sugar? Thanks, Lauren

I think that pumpkin naturally has some sugar in it. I'm looking at cans from Whole Foods and Sunflower and they both have 4g sugar per serving. The only ingredient in both is pumpkin.

I'll message you the Iherb code.
Offline prismaticmantis  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:30:54 AM(UTC)
prismaticmantis

I made this into a pumpkin pie bread yesterday and almost ate half the loaf! Its very good. Is it okay for stage one? I am worried about the almond meal containing mold, or is this all safe? Thanks!
Offline Lucylu  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:46:04 AM(UTC)
Lucylu

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Prismatic - the baking should remove the mold from the Almond flour.

We can't buy canned pumpkin here in Ireland, but can I roast pumpkin, blend it and use it that way instead? I'd love to try this recipe. That said, I made a pumpkin puree to go with some turkey burgers and it was way too sweet for me. I only had a couple mouthfuls and I just didn't like it... and the following day I felt awful, like I had a really bad hangover. So it mightn't suit me anyway?
Offline raster  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:38:55 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

As far as I know this recipe is completely safe and OK on the diet. If the pumpkin does contain some sugar, it is a very low amount. I only eat one slice per day of the bread and feel that the pumpkin has good digestive properties. I had leaky gut real bad and this didn't give me a reaction. If you are allergic or notice bad effects, then do not continue to eat it.

-Raster
Offline Lauren  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:34:43 AM(UTC)
Lauren

raster wrote:
As far as I know this recipe is completely safe and OK on the diet. If the pumpkin does contain some sugar, it is a very low amount. I only eat one slice per day of the bread and feel that the pumpkin has good digestive properties. I had leaky gut real bad and this didn't give me a reaction. If you are allergic or notice bad effects, then do not continue to eat it.

-Raster

Thanks Raster! I will try it. I was honestly worried about the sugar but I will try it and see how I feel.
Offline M  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:31:39 PM(UTC)
M

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm in the process of making this recipe. Have slightly changed some of the ingredients. More olive oil and three eggs instead of two, and no glycerin. I also had to add half a cup or so of water because the mixture was a little too thick. Will report back on how it turns out later.
Offline Lauren  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:45:33 PM(UTC)
Lauren

M I cant wait to see how they turn out. I forgot to grabs some glycerin when I was in the store. :D
Thanks
Lauren
Offline M  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 2:01:21 AM(UTC)
M

Well, it came out pretty good. Tasty and moist. I made a bread though and not muffins. Toasted with coconut oil is the perfect complement. Not sure if those of us on stage 1 of the diet should be eating this, since it does contain sugar. I don't think I'll be baking another one for quite a while now. Will stick to coconut/almond, buckwheat and teff bread.
Offline Lauren  
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 4:45:54 AM(UTC)
Lauren

I totally agree M!!! :D I don't like the sugar in it. Though it is nice to know that eventually I can cook this. I am sure it is wonderful!
Thanks
Lauren
Offline wishnhope  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 5:17:09 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

I tried a version last night with 1/2 cup buckwheat, 1/2 cup coconut flour/1/2 cup almond flour. I threw in an extra egg and probably another 1/4 cup of oil.. they turned out way better than the last batch I made where I just kept adding water when the dough was too dry.

they are hearty and feel even more filling to me.
Offline Hy  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:03:42 PM(UTC)
Hy

So this IS ok for the first part of the diet? :) Just double checking. Not using any sugar, just the stevia and no veggie glycerin.
Offline Lauren  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:10:34 AM(UTC)
Lauren

Hy the pumpkin has 4 grams of natural sugars in one can, so I have not made this recipe yet. I would wait, but it up to you if you want to try it. :) Candida loves sugar but many people have been fine with this recipe. It up to you how strict you feel you need to be based on your symptoms and body.

Thanks, Lauren
Offline raster  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:20:22 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

There is 3g of natural sugar found in a head of lettuce, so if there are 4 grams of natural sugar found in the can of pumpkin, than it is completely OK! A whole red onion contains 4g of sugar.

-raster
Offline M  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:03:03 AM(UTC)
M

I'd just like to add that the reason I'm no longer eating this is because it gave me a reaction. Eating lettuce with it's 3g of sugar doesn't give me a reaction, but pumpkin does. Some people may be OK with it but not everyone will. Plus, I don't remember pumpkin being on the allowed foods list, though I could be wrong here. Try it as a test food.