Buckwheat is perfect for a Candida diet because its filling yet contains few carbohydrates and is gluten-free. In fact, buckwheat groats are actually not even classified as a grain. They are really fruit seeds that are distantly related to rhubarb.
Buckwheat is highly nutritious too. It contains a wide range of micronutrients like manganese, copper, magnesium and phosphorus. It is also high in fiber. This simple breakfast is very satisfying and takes just a few minutes to prepare!
Buckwheat And Eggs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
extra virgin coconut oil
spring onions, finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cook the buckwheat groats as directed.
- Pan fry the spring onions with oil for a minute, then add the eggs, buckwheat and cilantro.
- Stir in the pan until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Now add a sprinkling of salt, cover with the plain yogurt and serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 40 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.