Eating eggs is a great way to give your nutrition a boost, and make sure that you have lots of energy for the rest of the morning. This simple omelet recipe is healthy, delicious and satisfying, and its perfect for a Candida diet. You can also use coconut oil instead of the olive oil if you prefer.
You can serve this omelet with a few slices of coconut bread. Try experimenting by adding tarragon, chives and parsley, or some chili flakes for a little added spice. If you’re later in the diet then you can grate some cheese on top too. Enjoy!
- 2-3 organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- Handful of fresh spinach
- Sea salt
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Start cooking the onions and peppers, then add the spinach a few minutes later. When the spinach wilts, set aside all the vegetables in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until they are fully mixed. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Add the eggs to your skillet and quickly spread them around the pan.
- After a minute or so, add the vegetables to one half of the omelet. Fold the omelet over to cover the vegetables. Slide out of the skillet on to your plate.
- Season again with salt, if necessary, and serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.