These savory Turkey and Sage Breakfast Patties, flavored with fresh herbs and spices, are a great way to add healthy protein to any breakfast. Quick and easy to make, they cook up in no time. Serve the patties by themselves, with some leafy greens, or as a tasty breakfast sandwich with coconut bread.
To save preparation time, double the recipe and freeze the extra patties in a single layer on parchment paper. Then, stack the frozen patties with a layer of parchment paper between each one, and store in a resealable freezer bag. Remove the patties from the freezer as needed.
This recipes includes two ingredients – onion and olive oil – that are on our antifungal foods list. By incorporating foods like these into your diet, and limiting the sugar that you eat, you can take a big step towards beating your Candida overgrowth.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, finely minced (or 1 tsp. dried sage, crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp. green onions, finely minced
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried garlic flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined (over-working the mixture will make the patties tough).
- Divide mixture into eight equal portions. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, four at a time, about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they are nicely browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.