These savory Turkey and Sage Breakfast Patties, flavored with fresh herbs and spices, are a great way to add healthy protein to any breakfast. Quick and easy to make, they cook up in no time. Serve the patties by themselves, with some leafy greens, or as a tasty breakfast sandwich with coconut bread.
To save preparation time, double the recipe and freeze the extra patties in a single layer on parchment paper. Then, stack the frozen patties with a layer of parchment paper between each one, and store in a resealable freezer bag. Remove the patties from the freezer as needed.
This recipes includes two ingredients – onions and olive oil – that are on our antifungal foods list. Both of these can help to normalize your gut flora and restore a healthy balance to your gut. By incorporating foods like these into your diet, and limiting the sugar that you eat, you can take a big step towards beating your Candida overgrowth.
One of the best things about this dish is that it will give you sustained energy throughout the morning. Rich in healthy proteins, it won’t spike your blood sugar like a bowl of breakfast cereal. That means you’ll still be going strong when lunchtime comes around.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, finely minced (or 1 tsp. dried sage, crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp. green onions, finely minced
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried garlic flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined (over-working the mixture will make the patties tough).
- Divide mixture into eight equal portions. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, four at a time, about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they are nicely browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 100 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.